Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Queanbeyan Open Games - Free Monthly Event rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Pittman
msg tools
mbmbmb
First event - Saturday 17 February 2018 10am-4pm.

I have arranged a monthly open board game and card game event to be held on the third Saturday of each month in a function room upstairs at the Queanbeyan Leagues Club.

I will bring a selection of games to the event (let me know if you want me to bring something specific - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/DreadFool) or participants can bring games they own.

The event is open to all ages and free to attend, although participants will need to be members of the club, be signed in as guests, or sign in as visitors (if you live outside Queanbeyan). Please note that club dress code (as lenient as it is) will also apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Loades
Australia
Queanbeyan
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Good on you, Michael, for getting an "eastside" gaming event up and running. As a Queanbeyan local, I'll be there - with bells on and a board game or few under my arm - whenever I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pittman
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, Sean. I look forward to meeting you. Hopefully it proves worthy of the time and effort ... although it won't take much to reach my initial measure of success.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Loades
Australia
Queanbeyan
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Likewise! Feel free to check out my collection, too. It's pretty quiet in here, but I know another Queanbeyan local who's keen. And I've hit up another to come along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pittman
msg tools
mbmbmb
There's a fair bit of overlap in our collections ... you just have a lot more than me. Haha.

I picked up Inbetween at Cancon. I've played it once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mb
I am in Queanbeyan too and i am planning on getting out to these however i'm not sure if i will be able to make this first one due to other pre-arranged commitments. Hopefully there is a good turnout regardless!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pittman
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Jesse. Thanks. Hopefully it all goes smoothly and we'll get to see you at a future meet up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any feedback on this? How did you go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hurman
Australia
Oxley
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quoting Michael's report on the Facebook group (Queanbeyan Open Games):

Quote:
Thanks to everyone who came today. About 15 gamers (most big but a few small) attended. Games played included Rising Sun, Scythe, Azuil, Century Spice Road, Above and Below, Terraforming Mars, GKR Heavy Hitters, Welcome to the Dungeon and Rhino Hero. Alex and Jeremy won the lucky door prizes of $20 vouchers at Games Capital and 143 Books.I rate it a successful day and I'm looking forward to next month. Look out for the event invite.

Michael did a great job of welcoming people too.

I think we have something like this every Saturday of the month in Canberra/Queanbeyan now (except those months where there is a 5th Saturday I guess) plus the in store gaming you can do at retailers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pittman
msg tools
mbmbmb
Amiguero wrote:
Any feedback on this? How did you go?

Sorry I neglected to close the loop here. Thanks Rob, for posting my Facebook mini report.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.