13 Posts

Too Many Bones» Forums » General

Subject: Most poerfull gearlock effect / baddie effect rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lion Noir
msg tools
mb
I'm curious to see what ppl think is the most powerfull/usefull gearlock effect from skill dice. Same for the baddies effects.

For me:
Gearlock my vote goes for Disable.
Baddies I'd say Break
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert van Bruggen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me

Gearlock cripple -1 attack works for every baddie also Boss
And Baddies i think Poison
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan C
United Kingdom
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Gearlocs, it would be cripple. Being able to work on bosses is OP in my opinion.

For Baddies, It would be Poison for me too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most powerful baddie effect is the combination of high initiative and high attack!

You can't roll that disable if you are dead before you get to act

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nobody82b wrote:
Most powerful baddie effect is the combination of high initiative and high attack!

lol true indeed

Besides that, I'd say Disable for the gearlocks and Fly for baddies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drugo81 wrote:
nobody82b wrote:

lol true indeed

I actually think Fly is a very weak ability.
It only helps every one out of two rounds, and there are plenty of ways to kill a flying/untargetable enemy for most gearlocs (though I admit that Picket/Patches have a harder time).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert van Bruggen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nobody82b wrote:
Drugo81 wrote:
nobody82b wrote:

lol true indeed

I actually think Fly is a very weak ability.
It only helps every one out of two rounds, and there are plenty of ways to kill a flying/untargetable enemy for most gearlocs (though I admit that Picket/Patches have a harder time).

I would like to know the other ways to attack a flying baddies ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FreakGIB wrote:

I would like to know the other ways to attack a flying baddies ?

The following abilities all affect flying/untargetable enemies.

Boomer:
All grenades (Flag/Big Boom/Napalm/Stunner/Holy Hand Grenade/Flashbang)

Ghillie:
All traps
Marked (but note this only doubles attack dice, so you can apply marked to a flying enemy then, when it is no longer flying, an ally can attack it for double damage)
Return Fire
Multi-Arrow (you attack another enemy, and the flying enemy can be selected as the second baddie for Multi-Arrow).
Command effects (Dive Bomb, Draw Blood, Pounce, Sacrifice, Growl)

Nugget:
Wildborn
Shiny Gem
Disable back-up plan ability

Patches:
Poison Dart
Neg-i-Zap
Overcharge back-up plan ability

Picket:
Switch (with two dice)
Rush (with two dice)
Riposte (with two dice)

Tantrum:
Rage execute ability
Like a Wyrm/Like a Wolf
Cripple/Intimidate/Way of the Wild
Axe Collector
Horn of the Zerker

Tink:
Cog and Spanner
Air Horn
Prodder/Firing Arm
Backup plans (Hot Gasket, Hammer Time, Self-Destruct)

Hope this helps!
I play a lot of Tantrum/Tink/Boomer/Ghillie hence I never had a problem vs Fly. I can imagine a party of Picket/Patches/Nugget would have a bit of difficulty especially early on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert van Bruggen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can i find that in the rules because we always played it like if it is flying u can't attack it because u have no target (it is untargetable) and we still did win most of the battles?
I mostly play with Tantrum and untargetable for me means NO Target it is flying high in the sky the only questions we sometimes had was with Area effect Damage?

But looking at your list then yes if that is true Fly is a very weak baddie skill and next time i will have no problems killing those baddies in almost every turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FreakGIB wrote:
Where can i find that in the rules

But looking at your list then yes if that is true Fly is a very weak baddie skill and next time i will have no problems killing those baddies in almost every turn.

Have a careful look at page 19 of the rules book (on version 1.02. it's page 20 on version 1.01)

Quote:
Step 4: Determine Target if Attacking: If your roll contains Atk Dice or Skill Dice requiring a target, select your target before you roll.

Attack dice require a target. Some skill dice also require a target (the skill description will say so). Other skill dice do not require a target.

Quote:
After your dice are rolled, feel free to do any of the following, in no particular order:
• Resolve Target Dmg & Effects: Total up and apply Dmg and any other Dmg results or effects from your Skills to your target.
• Resolve Non-Target Dmg & Effects: Some Skills may apply to non-target Baddies. Others may be Instant Skills that do not apply to Baddies at all. Go ahead and use these Skills as desired.

Even if you don't target a baddie (e.g. because they are flying or untargetable or you just wanted to attack someone else), you can still use "non-target damage and effects" on them.

To give you a simple example between a "target" skill and a "non-target" skill, have a look at Poison Jar vs Poison Darts.

Poison Jar: Place a # poison effect die on your target
Poison Dart: Place a # poison effect die on any baddie

I hope this helps.

Quote:
because we always played it like if it is flying u can't attack it because u have no target (it is untargetable) and we still did win most of the battles?
I mostly play with Tantrum and untargetable for me means NO Target it is flying high in the sky the only questions we sometimes had was with Area effect Damage?

That is incorrect, you were just making it harder for yourself. My Tantrum uses Axe Collector liberally to kill flying Griffin Yearlings with extreme prejudice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert van Bruggen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oke that makes boomer a bit stronger also
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FreakGIB wrote:
Oke that makes boomer a bit stronger also

Just keep that grenade counter up, and Boomer can ruin anyone's day. Especially her sister Duster (I still remember that game when I one-shotted Duster with Frag + Big boom + bigger boom + holy hand grenade while she was untargetable).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! I didn't realize that you can affect untargetable baddies with all those effects, thanks.

Well then I'll say Poison as well as one of the worst effects from baddies. Break also is pretty bad though with certain gearlocks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.