2 Posts

Virus» Forums » General

Subject: is this game hard or am i just doing it wrong? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wynther Knight
msg tools
mbmbmb
I just started the game and i was a bit overwhelmed with all the stuff that's goin on. I played solo so i start off with two monters. My first actions was to move and place 3 new tiles of the same color and seach two of them, so that means i need to put out 3 new monsters. these 5 monsters are now after me. on the 2nd round, i explored and placed 3 more tiles of the same color and of course, 3 new monsters appear for a total 8 monsters. Was i doing it correctly? should i have been killing the monsters before doing any exploration?

also, when i roll the tokens during combat, it says to set aside the non-positve tokens. what happens to the ones that touched the squares?

Im still getting confused on the process of placing the monsters, plus the end of turn resource computation.

I think i need to play the game a few more time to really get familiar with the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stepen Street
United Kingdom
Haywards Heath
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mb
I literally just played my first game so I'll just tell you what I made of these questions. I have no idea if I'm right. But in lieu of further responses...

I was able to run away from the initial bunch of monsters, get loads of resources then slam a door in their face, and I was far enough ahead of them that they didn't join forces and couldn't get through the door. I was then careful not to make too much noise, on my side and they ended up lying down and going back to the reserve. I'm sure you can't keep running but that seemed to work this time.

I think the positive bullets and action cubes in combat (ie the ones that touch a cube that has no other bullets or action cubes touching them) are put into their respective reserves at the end of combat. I think negative ones are too. I think they are put to one side to give you the option of putting one or more of them back on with a claimed advantage. I was a bit uncertain about this too so might not be right.

Monster placement and end of turn resource computation seemed okay to me, I just read the 1.51 rules section on what happens after the real time phase. Maybe that's better than whatever version of the rules you have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.