Subject: Pimping the board rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wanting to pimp my board up a bit to make it more thematic. Does anyone know of any stickers I could use to do this? I was thinking things such as having Ferrari/McClaren logo stickers on the buildings, Pirelli or Marlborough at the side of the road to look like boards. Just anything with a racing theme really. I used to get these kind of things with my old Scalextric tracks and models when I was a kid, however I'm struggling to find anything relevant or of a small enough size to do this. Can anyone point me in the direction of anything useful they have found to pimp the board a little?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And typically when I post the question I finally find what I'm looking for from a UK model shop. I'll post a picture when I receive them and add them to the board in case anyone is interested how it turned out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Jacobson
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I’m certainly interested, though without any specific suggestions to make. Please post photos if you do something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinDJacobson wrote:
Well, I’m certainly interested, though without any specific suggestions to make. Please post photos if you do something.

I never actually showed what I did so here's a few pics in case anyone was interested. In the end I just went with a few stickers as I wanted to add a little bit of theme and not let them dominate the board.

A few addboards and tried to brand the buildings near the start line to be like team garrages:

It's a monaco track so you need to have Martini in there!

I still need to add a sticker here. I like the tyre garage on this part of the track!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.