Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I have been reading through the forums and a question popped into my mind in terms of VR Glasses compatibility for the game. I saw in a different post that the current plan is to have two pledge options for the Kickstarter with one including a set of VR Glasses and one not. I was curious if there were other styles of VR Glasses that could be used with the game, such as anything compatible with Google Cardboard, or if you will need the game-specific VR Glasses to get the "full"* experience.

* From one of the review videos, it looked like there was an option to view the VR locations without the glasses so I am imagining you can still view a non-3D version of each location without any VR Glasses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Vergonjeanne
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BenJazz wrote:
Hello,

I have been reading through the forums and a question popped into my mind in terms of VR Glasses compatibility for the game. I saw in a different post that the current plan is to have two pledge options for the Kickstarter with one including a set of VR Glasses and one not. I was curious if there were other styles of VR Glasses that could be used with the game, such as anything compatible with Google Cardboard, or if you will need the game-specific VR Glasses to get the "full"* experience.

* From one of the review videos, it looked like there was an option to view the VR locations without the glasses so I am imagining you can still view a non-3D version of each location without any VR Glasses.

Hi Benjamin!

Yes, the base game actually doesn't come with glasses. Only the higher tiers does. The game plays well with and without.
The VR, if used, really add the feeling of immertion and gives great sensations.

You can technically use other glasses, but the issue you might have with them is the setup time. These glasses are great because you clip and unclip really fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Thank you for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.