5 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy – Borg Assimilation» Forums » Rules

Subject: Borg cubes making new space lanes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Annesen
Denmark
flag msg tools
This may have been talk about before but I got tired looking for the answer. If 1 borg cube has already made lanes toward a players homeworld. Does borg cube 2 then make a new Lane from the hub if nothing is connected yet. Or does borg cube 2 follow the lanes toward the homebase which cube 1 already made? They way its writen I would understand it as cube 2 begins making its own lanes from the hub connecting 2 Lanes from the hub.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is how I interpret the RAW as well.

Such a Lane may however be unplaceable:
Quote:
If the Cube is not connected to its Target System and can not place a new Space Lane for any reason, the Cube stays Stationary.

Official clarification is needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Annesen
Denmark
flag msg tools
As there are no other players the borg can make a spacelane towards. And there has already been made one space lane towards player 1 home. I think i will follow the stationary rule to we know more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question, RAW i agree but that would mean that in a single player game only that first cube would try to connect/move forward, while the 2nd blocks the hub (blocking others from appearing) and keeps the borg danger quite far/limited.

I tend to move them up as far as possible and from the last system place a new lane if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
Good question, RAW i agree but that would mean that in a single player game only that first cube would try to connect/move forward, while the 2nd blocks the hub (blocking others from appearing) and keeps the borg danger quite far/limited.

I tend to move them up as far as possible and from the last system place a new lane if possible.

I suppose in a solo game it doesn't matter how you do it as long as you are entertained.

In a competitive multiplayer game the rules have to be clear however. In such an environment the only way is to play RAW and in this case RAW are unclear. Until we get official clarification house rules are the only way forward. My suggested house rules are on the files page and I'm hard at work rewriting the entire set of STA rules to be clear and concise in every regard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.