Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Grimslingers: The Northern Territory» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tall Tale - Starting Character Resources? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Gutierrez
United States
West Chester
PA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The character setup for a versus duel shows that characters start with their unique resource tracker at 10; is this the same for starting with a new character in a Tall Tale campaign?

Also, when you continue from a previous session, do all characters start at their max HP/EP/unique resource points?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DemoWeasel wrote:
The character setup for a versus duel shows that characters start with their unique resource tracker at 10; is this the same for starting with a new character in a Tall Tale campaign?

Also, when you continue from a previous session, do all characters start at their max HP/EP/unique resource points?


Not all characters start with their resource at 10 during a duel. I think only Kipper does.

La Fleur starts with 0, Henrietta starts with 0, Red starts with 3, Nyunyo starts with 0, and Luella starts "in control".

In a tall tale campaign, your special resources start off the same way, and will for every session unless you record what you left off with in the last session on the tracker sheet.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gutierrez
United States
West Chester
PA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I'm very excited for the first session with my group this week.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DemoWeasel wrote:
Thanks! I'm very excited for the first session with my group this week.


Let me know how it goes! Feel free to post more questions if you have any.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gutierrez
United States
West Chester
PA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I do have another question regarding Nyunyo's bullets: I assume his gun is what starts at 0 and not his ammo belt (correct me if I'm wrong), but is there a way to get more bullets back into the ammo belt if he's running low on them?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DemoWeasel wrote:
I do have another question regarding Nyunyo's bullets: I assume his gun is what starts at 0 and not his ammo belt (correct me if I'm wrong), but is there a way to get more bullets back into the ammo belt if he's running low on them?


Pg. 14 of the rulebook answers your question!

There is a section in the rulebook for each character and how they function (except the KS exclusive characters).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gutierrez
United States
West Chester
PA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, now I feel silly. Thanks again!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Grogg
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Where do we find that information fot the kickstarter exclusive characters?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Posse91 wrote:
Where do we find that information fot the kickstarter exclusive characters?


GBG is supposed to do a KS update about it, and post it on their website.

But as of right now, it don't exist.

Arcana starts at 0, Prowess starts at 3. Henrietta's witchcraft skills can be used with any character that doesn't have their own set of skills yet.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Grogg
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Ooohhh i like how you ended that with “yet”
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Posse91 wrote:
Ooohhh i like how you ended that with “yet”




Some definitely won't be getting them, as I plan to kill a few characters off. Sorry!

Next expansion planned, has skill cards for Barceline, Larry and Gilgamesh (new guy we haven't seen yet). Also 1 new general skill set (like the witchcraft skills) and 1 curse set (lycanthropy).

Also planning on expanding companion characters (currently there is only Hank the Hunter) and giving them their own skills.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ssgibson wrote:
Posse91 wrote:
Where do we find that information fot the kickstarter exclusive characters?


GBG is supposed to do a KS update about it, and post it on their website.

But as of right now, it don't exist.

Arcana starts at 0, Prowess starts at 3. Henrietta's witchcraft skills can be used with any character that doesn't have their own set of skills yet.


Instabuy for me! Really like the skills, great thematic addition to give uniqueness to the characters!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.