7 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Good players to use together rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam S
msg tools
Possible spoilers

I find using Gloria Goldberg (the author) and Kate Winthrop (the spy) is great. Gloria can see the next gate spawning and if Kate is on that space in time she can prevent it from spawning and gain a clue.

What other good combos of investigators do you use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Harvey the professor (who can improve other people's skills) works very well with Joe Diamond (who can improve an additional skill when a skill is improved). They also both start next to each other so can spend a few turns buffing in the early game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Dean
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Akachi and Luke Robinson are great for gate control too. Akachi being able to manipulate the gate stack so that you aren't hit by the current omen is great, and Luke being able to jump about to gates and ignore monsters is really handy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bj Price
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favourite is Trish and Jacqueline. Trish starts her turn with no clue, action-take a clue. Jacqueline sees that Trish has a clue, action-takes her clue, now Jacqueline has 2, because she starts with one, and Trish has none, which she can remedy that on her next turn with her action. Add in the fact that, once a round Jacqueline can look at the back of another investigators newly acquired non-common condition to gain a clue, these 2 investigators together can generate clues fast. Additionally, whenever required, Jacqueline can send clues to anyone to help solve rumours or mysteries. Love that combo in my games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rex Murphy also works well with Sister Mary (and will also be working very well with Father Mateo, from the upcoming expansion!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno about recommendations to use, but I would definitely suggest _not_ using me, as I'm terrible at this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam S
msg tools
Today I just discovered using Sister Mary and Ashcan Pete has good synergy. Sister Mary uses holy water then Ashcan Pete can just claim it from the discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.