Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few questions on the topic of: Boats rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fax Gerat
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone.

The water maps add a completely new way of playing this game, with all the units already deployed and stuff. I like it. Still there are a few things I am unsure how to handle.

1. Ramming a ship: does your boat move when it tries to ram another ship? Or does it stay in the same area? If it stays and the other boat stays as well, can it ram again the next turn or even the same turn with using row? If it moves, do you move the boat which you rammed to a different area? My guess is the former.

2. Ramming an Omphalos. It says that a boat fills an area to capacity. What happens with Omphalos if you enter there area? Are they moved away like units would be, or are the automatically picked up and put on the ship?

3. Boats and Line of Sight: Do boats block line of sight? First of I thought, of course they do. If you swim in the water you cannot shoot past the boat in front of you. But imagine 2 boats

< X | . > < Y | . >
(Explanation of my pretty pictogramm, these are 2 boats next to each other, X and Y are different units, the points ( . ) are empty areas on the boats).

Lets assume both of these units have got a range of 2. Now the rules seem clear that unit X can attack unit Y because it can meassure its attack and visibility from every area on the boat. But can unit Y attack unit X as well? Does the empty front area of the boat block LOS for unit Y? I think that's what's written there, but does it make sense that one unit (X) can see another unit (Y) but the other unit (Y) cannot see the unit which attacks it (X)?

3. Boat weapons and Talents/Powers. Does a unit which uses the boats special attack (eg. Archer) also has its talents? Can it combine this attack with Mighty Throw? Or can Heracles reroll his dice? I would argue no, but I am basing this solely on gutfeeling and because Mighty Throw is amazingly strong on boats if you also get a range 3 attack for free. And storywise I dont really see how an Archer can use a bow to mighty throw someone from a ship, even if the archer is strong, its still just a bow.

3. How does the Greek Fire work? It says to remove one token at the end of every turn and only fire if two tokens are available. If you remove one token after your own turn and one after your opponents, you can always fire the weapon. Maybe RAI was to only remove the tokens after your own turn? This way the limit of tokens actually makes sense.

3. Row action and Sailmarkers. Can you row if you already sailed this ship? It says that a ship with a sailmarker cannot be moved. But does this mean it cannot row neither? The row action doesnt mention the sailtokens in any way, so I believe you still can row if you already sailed, you just cannot sail twice. Still, RAW could be interpreted differently. But this would also mean, that a player with only one ship can never use row, because he will always have a sailtoken.

2. Here is another one: Persephones and Atlas special abbility of -1 Movement. Do boats also suffer this penalty? No sailing or rowing the turn its activated? It also says "move" but there is no printed movespeed.

Thanx for your help guys, sorry if any of this has already been answered, I checked for answers, but might have overlooked some.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You should add these to the "FAQ" post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fax Gerat
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, FAQ it is again then. but how do you guys play it? surely you did some ramming once you use the boats?

@Dconklin? Care to put these questions into your FAQ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.