Subject: Best way to randomize tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Tullis
United States
Hamilton
Ohio
flag msg tools
I seem to be having difficulty randomizing the tiles. I have tried putting them in a bag and drawing them out to form the path, but I invariably pick the larger red tiles first - probably because of their larger size. It is also hard to "shuffle" them because I don't want to bend them.

I have been resorting to making the path look randomized - that is after all the red tiles come out of the bag first, then I reach in and pick out some orange and green tiles and place them between the red tiles to look random.

Does anyone know a good way to randomize these different size tiles to form the common path?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Hand out tiles to everyone and let them decide where to place what. Encourage moving around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dump them out onto the table a handful at a time and do a "wash" style shuffle, like the poker dealers in Las Vegas do, spreading them around into a circle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same goes for Patchwork and Cottage Garden. My solution is to drop all pieces on a big pile in the middle of the table, then roughly push the tiles aside so a circle emerges. Voilá.

Edit: Murr beat me and described it better than I did.
ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsaar wrote:
Same goes for Patchwork and Cottage Garden. My solution is to drop all pieces on a big pile in the middle of the table, then roughly push the tiles aside so a circle emerges. Voilá.

Edit: Murr beat me and described it better than I did.
ninja

This is the way that I do it as well. I move them out into a circle and then setup the rest of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.