Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Party Rules/XP rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rad Russian
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
So I find the rules about parties to be a little vague...

In the rules re: the party, they refer to both players and characters, and it least in my reading seem to imply a difference between the two.

In our gaming group, we have three reliably-available people, and two who are hit or miss. All five belong to the same party of adventurers in Gloomhaven. My question is this:

If we play a scenario that offers rewards for the party, would the members who didn't play that scenario still receive their portion of the rewards? (On the one hand, it doesn't seem like they should because they weren't directly involved in the win, but on the other, I like that the game offers something to help keep a sense of parity between all the adventurers).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Rossi
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Parties are only relevant in the context of Party Achievements and Reputation. If an event or a scenario grants everyone or a single player a reward, it only affects players who are present for the thing that is granting the reward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.