Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Lush
United Kingdom
Littlehampton
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi - just a question about movement.
I’m aware diagonal movement exists for the stuffies but what about the minions? Do they move diagonally too or just in straight lines?

Also - we’re playing with two players. We’ve only played most of the first story and are only using two characters which mean we are often only fighting a couple of minions. I’m wondering whether we should up the minion count or whether the game will start throwing more at us?

Thanks,

Rich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
richlush wrote:
I’m aware diagonal movement exists for the stuffies but what about the minions? Do they move diagonally too or just in straight lines?

Also - we’re playing with two players. We’ve only played most of the first story and are only using two characters which mean we are often only fighting a couple of minions. I’m wondering whether we should up the minion count or whether the game will start throwing more at us?

Thanks,

Rich

Yes, the minions move just like the stuffies.

And no matter the character count you always spawn minions equal to the number of stuffies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
richlush wrote:

Thanks,

Rich

I played Story 1 with two Stuffies last night. I think Story 1 is intentionally easy, but I don't know if the difficulty will increase over time.

If the difficulty doesn't change in Story 2, I might play 2 Stuffies then spawn minions as if there were 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Schlueter
United States
Ridgecrest
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules for two players specify that each player controls two stuffies. So you should be playing with four stuffies and spawning minions accordingly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randomscrub wrote:
Rules for two players specify that each player controls two stuffies. So you should be playing with four stuffies and spawning minions accordingly.

It's actually listed as an option, not a firm rule...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shu
United States
Portsmouth
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Must the actions always go in order? For instance, if you begin adjacent to a minion, you cannot attack it and then move, correct? SO in that case, in order to defeat the minion you could not move at all if I am reading the rules correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ricardov41 wrote:
Must the actions always go in order? For instance, if you begin adjacent to a minion, you cannot attack it and then move, correct? SO in that case, in order to defeat the minion you could not move at all if I am reading the rules correctly.

I see nothing that says they have to go on the order listed. In fact it says you can do each one multiple times. I think you can go in any order you please...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shu
United States
Portsmouth
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That makes more sense. Under Player Turn on page 8 of the rulebook, it says that "On a player's turn, she does the following steps in order." I guess then that means the steps 1-6, and not the actions listed under Perform Actions.

I've read the rules twice, but have not yet played so thanks for your patient response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Ford
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
I see nothing that says they have to go on the order listed. In fact it says you can do each one multiple times. I think you can go in any order you please...

Along with that, I would just add for clarity.. you can do actions multiple times on your turn as long as you have the dice to do it

For instance... if you have three red dice and want to make a melee attack. you could attack 1, 2 or 3 times. (roll all 3 for one sure hit, roll two for an attack, then one (or vice versa) or if you got some +1 to red die items, or even re-roll red die items... then maybe you want to push your luck and roll each one as a seperate attack)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.