Fields of Despair: France 1914-1918» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fortress Supply Source rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Chilcote

North Carolina
msg tools
new user
Trying to understand 6.7.6, is my interpretation below correct?

Fortresses are a (partial) supply source for use in 6.7.2, BUT per 6.7.4 I can still choose blocks in the Fortress for OOS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Keckley
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Fields of Despair - GMT P500.
mbmbmbmbmb
homerdog1 wrote:
Trying to understand 6.7.6, is my interpretation below correct?

Fortresses are a (partial) supply source for use in 6.7.2, BUT per 6.7.4 I can still choose blocks in the Fortress for OOS.

Yes, you may mark the blocks in the fortress hexes OOS as part of 6.7.4. Subsequently, any OOS blocks in a fortress hex may receive partial supply per 6.7.6 as long as they are in the hex with the fortress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Chilcote

North Carolina
msg tools
new user
Rule 6.7.6 states that Fortresses are a "partial Supply Source".
Supply sources are defined in 6.7.3, are Fortresses to be included in this definition?

Because, if so, there will be a difference on the capacity check in 6.7.4

First if rules are applied linearly, then you have this way...
You check for a Supply Line strictly as defined by 6.7.3
You mark "in Supply" hexes against capacity - 6.7.4
You can clear any Fortress hexes marked in 6.7.4 of their OOS markers (restricted to 2x their value).

Second if the Fortress can be included as a Source Source
You check for a Supply Line defined by 6.7.3 plus Fortress' value
You mark "in Supply" hexes against capacity - 6.7.4
You CANNOT clear any Fortress hexes marked in 6.7.4 of their OOS markers (their value was already taken into account during 6.7.2)

Example:

Supply Capacity of 2, and just 3 blocks of the board, 1 SP each, with 1 in a Fortress of value 1. The Fortress does not have a Supply Line as defined by 6.7.3, but the other 2 blocks do have a Supply line.

Under rule read 1, for 6.7.2 the Fortress gets an OOS marker. Under 6.7.4 the other blocks are okay. Then under 6.7.6, I get to un-mark the block in the Fortress. 0 blocks OOS.

Under rule read 2, all have a Supply Line per 6.7.2 because 6.7.6 provides a Supply source for Supply Line determination. Then under 6.7.4
only 2 hexes have Capacity, so 1 hex must be marked OOS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Keckley
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Fields of Despair - GMT P500.
mbmbmbmbmb
homerdog1 wrote:
Rule 6.7.6 states that Fortresses are a "partial Supply Source".
Supply sources are defined in 6.7.3, are Fortresses to be included in this definition?

Fortresses are not included in that definition. They can partially supply blocks in their own hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.