High Frontier (3rd edition)» Forums » General

Subject: PnP Version? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Holman
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'm getting Leaving Earth and I wanted to check this out. I saw someone mention a PnP version, is there anyway I can get that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Dysart
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
It was available as an option during the Kickstarter campaign, but I don't know if it has been (or will be) made available afterward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Holman
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Oh well, if you see anything about a PnP version please tell me. Expensive games like this should make it easier for new players to try,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Epple
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not try one of the earlier editions? They should not be so expensive and there´s little difference in gameplay...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Earlier editions are definitely close enough and will tide you over until 4th edition (which may be 2020 based on the last thing I saw).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bosch
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
badge
In honour of the brave crew of Hr.Ms. Java 27-02-1942 † Battle of the Java Sea
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always try the Vassal module for free. http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:High_Frontier_(3rd_edition)

And if you can’t stand playing without physical components you can print the graphics files that come with that (fairly low res but readable)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
There's also a module on Tabletop Simulator, and the living rules are free online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Smith
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know how us kickstarter backers were supposed to get the PnP file? I paid for them and never received said files.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Terhune
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
This is a blatant example of frivolous geek gold spending.
badge
I spent 100 geek gold and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bradsmith488 wrote:
Does anyone know how us kickstarter backers were supposed to get the PnP file? I paid for them and never received said files.

No one did. They never delivered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the PDF rule books are the "print and play" version. Never mind the map, player boards, cards, etc. Can't wait for 4th edition.

But as others have said, 2nd is just fine until then...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Holman
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
*Yawn* I thin I will stick with Leaving Earth.snore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Dysart
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
Bradsmith488 wrote:

I received a Dropbox link for the files in May last year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Apart from Tabletop and Vassal Modules there is also a Cyberboard version of High Frontier if you don't mind vintage software.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The PnP contains the rules, maps, charts, player mats, and cards. Contact OSS with your KS details and hopefully they'll hook you up. I contacted them via http://ossgamescart.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us back in May and they responded quick enough and shared all of the files via dropbox.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony B
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joshaubry wrote:
The PnP contains the rules, maps, charts, player mats, and cards. Contact OSS with your KS details and hopefully they'll hook you up. I contacted them via http://ossgamescart.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us back in May and they responded quick enough and shared all of the files via dropbox.

I just wrote them and was told that I'd have to go direct to sierra madre.
/shrug
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.