Sail to India» Forums » Rules

Subject: End Game Rule rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Melissa Makak
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I am not sure if I am misunderstanding something here but it seems it is unbalanced. Let's say for example you are in a 4 player game and Player 2 triggers end game. Does this mean Player 3,Player 4,and Player 1 take one last turn? If so, wouldn't that mean Player 1 received one more turn than everyone else did? Am I misunderstanding the rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
starbuck7660 wrote:
I am not sure if I am misunderstanding something here but it seems it is unbalanced. Let's say for example you are in a 4 player game and Player 2 triggers end game. Does this mean Player 3,Player 4,and Player 1 take one last turn? If so, wouldn't that mean Player 1 received one more turn than everyone else did? Am I misunderstanding the rule?

No, you've understood it correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa Makak
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Eldard wrote:
starbuck7660 wrote:

I see. I don't understand how that is balanced because players have the potential to have an extra turn over others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
starbuck7660 wrote:
Eldard wrote:
starbuck7660 wrote:

I see. I don't understand how that is balanced because players have the potential to have an extra turn over others.

Each player starts with more Gold in his/her treasury than the player who goes immediately before them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Woody
United States
Pottsboro
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm trying to reform though.
badge
On the restless road to nowhere, there's no certain peace it seems.
mbmbmbmbmb
Player one gets the same number of turns.

Back it up.

Player one takes his first turn.
Player two takes his turn next, and (for the sake of this exercise) scores the last card.
Player three and player four still get to go after player two triggers the end of the game and everybody ends up having had one turn.

It doesn't matter how many additional turns you add to the front, everyone still evens out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa Makak
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Phogg wrote:
Player one gets the same number of turns.

Back it up.

Player one takes his first turn.
Player two takes his turn next, and (for the sake of this exercise) scores the last card.
Player three and player four still get to go after player two triggers the end of the game and everybody ends up having had one turn.

It doesn't matter how many additional turns you add to the front, everyone still evens out.

This is where I am confused by the rules. What you're saying makes perfect sense to me, but the rule states that "everyone else" takes one final turn. But you are saying player 1 would not receive one more turn. That's why I was not sure if I was misunderstanding the rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa Makak
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Eldard wrote:
starbuck7660 wrote:
Eldard wrote:
starbuck7660 wrote:

Each player starts with more Gold in his/her treasury than the player who goes immediately before them.

That is there to give the third and fourth player a fighting chance otherwise they'd be blocked off from many options. That wouldn't balance out the potential for extra turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
starbuck7660 wrote:
Eldard wrote:
starbuck7660 wrote:
Eldard wrote:
starbuck7660 wrote:

That is there to give the third and fourth player a fighting chance otherwise they'd be blocked off from many options. That wouldn't balance out the potential for extra turns.

That's correct. But the designer decided that everyone gets one more turn, even if this ends up with some players getting one more turn than others. In the couple dozen plays that I've been involved in, I haven't detected any imbalance in the outcomes, but maybe we haven't played it enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa Makak
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Eldard wrote:
starbuck7660 wrote:
Eldard wrote:
starbuck7660 wrote:
Eldard wrote:
starbuck7660 wrote:

That's correct. But the designer decided that everyone gets one more turn, even if this ends up with some players getting one more turn than others. In the couple dozen plays that I've been involved in, I haven't detected any imbalance in the outcomes, but maybe we haven't played it enough.

Ok thank you so much! Yea I think my group and I will have to play it more to see if it really makes a difference
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.