3 Posts

Runebound (Third Edition): Unbreakable Bonds» Forums » General

Subject: Opinions on killing blows with AI charts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
YesMyNameIs Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I've watched some videos for the expansion, and am wondering what people's opinions are for making choices for the AI when it could land a killing blow on the hero. For example, say the hero and AI are down to 1 health each, the AI has initiative and has rolled, among other things, an agility token and a damage token. The hero rolled no defense tokens, and has no abilities to mitigate damage. Going down the table, the AI would first use its agility token, even though it could finish off the hero immediately. This leaves the AI vulnerable to being defeated before it can land that last blow on the hero.

Which way should it be played? Part of me thinks the AI gets enough advantages as is, and that combat is already hard enough, but am curious what people think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
While primarily used for killing vampires, a wooden stake to the heart is also highly effective against most other opponents.
badge
Everybody wants to be a Game Designer but nobody wants to be a Game Designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
smittyohio wrote:
Part of me thinks the AI gets enough advantages as is, and that combat is already hard enough...

I think this is intentional to offset the times that the AI makes a less-than-optimal decision such as you described.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos PĂ©rez Cantalapiedra
Spain
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
robertg611 wrote:
smittyohio wrote:
Part of me thinks the AI gets enough advantages as is, and that combat is already hard enough...

I think this is intentional to offset the times that the AI makes a less-than-optimal decision such as you described.

agree

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.