Subject: Meals not delivered to Puerto Rico rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/06/us/puerto-rico-hurricane-mari...

Wow, I was floored when I read this story. This is just contract mismanagement at all levels. First FEMA gives a contract to a company that appears to be a one-man show, for a job that realistically requires a huge, efficient network. Then, they terminate the contract, but I am not sure they followed up with another company, to provide the meals. And now, they will likely be in a lawsuit regarding the termination.

Bad story, for all those involved. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoulda gone with Whitefish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It can be hard to coordinate relief efforts when you don't view the recipients as human.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stymie says, "No Fidgets"
United States
SF Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
"Nobody down here 'cept us dummies"
badge
"Betcha can't throw that donut on my finger"
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
It can be hard to coordinate relief efforts when you don't view the recipients as human.

Really? I think this more about gov't inefficiency and mismanagement than FEMA heads not viewing Puerto Ricans as human. I think that's a bit of a stretch.

Now throw that accusation at Trump, and I'd be more inclined to believe you. I really, really hope that isn't true of FEMA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obama's cunning plan is coming to fruition. First, they'll starve the populace of Puerto Rico, then that will allow them to set up the FEMA death camps with less resistance. shake

I find it almost difficult to believe that this is merely a result of massive incompetence.

But what do I know ?

Sad all the way around for the people of Puerto Rico who have borne the brunt of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wysire wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

Really? I think this more about gov't inefficiency and mismanagement than FEMA heads not viewing Puerto Ricans as human. I think that's a bit of a stretch.

Now throw that accusation at Trump, and I'd be more inclined to believe you. I really, really hope that isn't true of FEMA.

I was. Any 4easonable president wouldn't be dicking around with walls and fucking over *other* differently hued folks while our not-a-state was being screwed. There would be much more direct involvement if anyone wt the top cared.

I'm not calling folks at FEMA racist, but the lack of care at the top can easily trickle down to apathy in the trenches too. It is hard to give a damn when your boss can't be assed to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The President of the United States is a racist.

This has been asserted and then proven with incident after racially-charged incident after neglect after inflaming tensions after ripping up settled consent decrees after more racially-charged incidents.

No, he isn't a racist like Woodrow Wilson was. And no, he isnt a fever swamp made-up racist like Barack HE HATES WHITE PEOPLE OMG Obama.
He's more of a Nixon or J. Edgar Hoover racist: has enough sense to keep it indoors but way more than willing to let people of color know they aren't Real Americans.

Anybody who doesn't see this essential fact by now is just reading the reconstituted KKK tracts over at Breitbart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmb
wysire wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

SERIOUSLY? A tiny little company got awarded a contract and it’s government that is the issue? It’s corruption and cronyism maybe but the mismanagement is all the private sector.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stymie says, "No Fidgets"
United States
SF Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
"Nobody down here 'cept us dummies"
badge
"Betcha can't throw that donut on my finger"
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad on both sides I agree, but this seems like a really poor choice by Fema given the vendor's size and poor history.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmb
wysire wrote:
Bad on both sides I agree, but this seems like a really poor choice by Fema given the vendor's size and poor history.

If that's the case, doesn't the buck stop with Trump's appointee in head of FEMA? If he wants to line the pockets of his buddies, isn't that the biggest problem?

Sorry, part of my reaction to your post (not really fair to you) is the fact that so many conservatives pretend that the private sector does things better, but they simply don't always.

I do agree that this shouldn't have happened but it's got a lot to do with who Trump put in charge here and less to do with FEMA as an organization. Trump isn't big on competence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.