Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Rambo: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Sniper tactics rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
El Dorito
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
badge
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

From watching the gameplay vids, I am aware the Sniper character has the following two starting tactic cards.

Overwatch: Once this Round, you may interrupt one Enemy activation to perform an attack with a ranged weapon.
Ambush: while you're in cover, all your attack this round +3 dmg

Overwatch seems to be the clear favorite but I would not want to keep using the same tactic card.
Would you kindly advise what other starting tactic cards that he has?

Thank you very much!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Call
msg tools
His third base tactic seems to be Sniper Position.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slylysylar wrote:
Hi everyone,

From watching the gameplay vids, I am aware the Sniper character has the following two starting tactic cards.

Overwatch: Once this Round, you may interrupt one Enemy activation to perform an attack with a ranged weapon.
Ambush: while you're in cover, all your attack this round +3 dmg

Overwatch seems to be the clear favorite but I would not want to keep using the same tactic card.
Would you kindly advise what other starting tactic cards that he has?

Thank you very much!


Keep in mind that the starting cards are only recommended suggestions! In the game you will have the option to start with whatever Tactics and Gear you want at the start of each mission!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Magnani
Italy
Cesenatico
Forlì-Cesena
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, we could give Rambo's Spring Trap to Trautman?

I remember reading something about character specific cards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gear and Tactics are divided into Loadouts, and each hero selects a certain number of Loadouts at the start of each mission. While you are correct that some Loadouts are currently hero specific, most Loadouts can be used by any hero.

Some Tactics and Gear might show up in other Loadouts though. So while Spring Trap is within the basic Rambo Loadout, it might also appear in, let's say, a Trapper Loadout later.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Dorito
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
badge
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sirguru wrote:
His third base tactic seems to be Sniper Position.


that sounds really interesting! what does it do?

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Call
msg tools
slylysylar wrote:
sirguru wrote:
His third base tactic seems to be Sniper Position.


that sounds really interesting! what does it do?



He's a sniper... so my logical guess would be one or more of the following:

1) Additional range.
2) Additional power.
3) Additional target hit with weapon.
4) Less (or no) alert.

Imagine being able to take out all of Dinh's body guards, without raising an alarm?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Good guess, Dan!

Keep in mind this is just from the demo copy. Graphic design and art is subject to change for the finished product.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Dorito
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
badge
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That card looks awesome, thank you Sir!


Samuel Bailey wrote:


Good guess, Dan!

Keep in mind this is just from the demo copy. Graphic design and art is subject to change for the finished product.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.