Alberta
flag msg tools
Talk
badge
Words
mbmbmbmbmb
Posted to the Yahoo Group earlier today:

"Hey All,

We will be hosting Hattanooga May 18th through 20th.  This year, we have a new Venue, New Sponsors and a brand new Website!

https://www.hattanooga.ca

We are migrating content over from the old site, but all of the really important stuff is already there. Going forward, we will have regular updates on this site outlining changes from last year and info that people may find interesting or are important to attendees and train gamers. We will begin updating lists of games and such in the coming weeks, so check back in from time to time. Rest assured, we will have multiple copies of everyones favourites, the new hotness and then the stuff that only I seem to be interested in as well....

One thing that is VERY IMPORTANT to let everyone know about early on is that the Medicine Hat municipal airport will be out of commission for the entire month of May. This is to accommodate a new commercial landing strip which in future years should mean that Medicine Hat will have direct flights! So, while it is disappointing and will no doubt discourage those with plans to fly from attending, it will be a good thing for the health of the community (and Hattanooga hopefully) in future years. I would also hope that train gamers are made of sterner stuff and not so easily discouraged.

As far as schedule goes, on Thursday the 17th there will be open train gaming hosted either at a local residence or a local coffee shop depending on how many early attendees we have. On Friday, the first of the few public addresses will start, officially kicking off the event at 5:00pm. However, the doors will open at 3:00pm and gaming will begin then if the attendees see fit. For those remiss to leave on Monday the 21st or that have a short commute home, there will also be open 18xx gaming hosted at a local residence as well from 10:00 am until 4:00pm. So, the short story is, we hope to be playing train games for a combined total of around 48 hours over that 5 day period.

Details about where to go and places to stay can all be found at the link above. This year, we have confirmed attendees from all over Western Canada, The US and even as far away as Finland and maybe even Australia! The pile of games has grown, There will be more prizes than last year and roughly the same number of new prototype games to try out. I hope you can come and join us for great games, laughs and food. If you live in Western Canada (or on Earth) and have any interest in train games, this is a great place to try out new games and games new to you, meet new people and generally just have a good time.

I hope to see you there.

Tyler"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.