Hide
11 Posts

Unfair» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about ruling rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Hoiting
msg tools
Hello everyone! I have two questions! I just got this game and it looks amazing! I wanted to verify one thing I read in the rule book.

It mentioned in the action phase you can do 3 actions and sometimes 4, if a card allows you to. It also mentions that you can do actions multiple times. I wanted to verify; this means that you have 3 or 4 actions and those may be multiple same actions, right? Not that you can do multiples of one action in one turn, right?

Second question is not really rules related, but with the First Date card, how long will a 2, 3, 4 player respectively take? If playing with new players. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
American in Chile
Chile
Temuco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I presume you're talking about the Park Step. If you look at the steps across the middle of the board, you'll see four Park Steps shown. The last one is colored differently. This one is usually not used. However, some events allow a person to take a fourth Park Step. Those event cards specify that.

In each Park Step, you'll do one thing. You don't get to do multiples of anything, although building some cards will allow you to immediately build more. These are indicated on the cards. Each Park Step is independent of the others, so each time, you get to choose from among all the Park Step actions. Each deck has a summary card which lists them.

The first time we played First Date, there were two of us, and neither had done more than read the rule book. It took about an hour and a half. I've played subsequent 2-player First Dates, each with a new player, and they've been faster (once much faster), because I, at least, knew what I was doing, and didn't have to keep consulting the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hoiting
msg tools
Schoolmarm5 wrote:
I presume you're talking about the Park Step. If you look at the steps across the middle of the board, you'll see four Park Steps shown. The last one is colored differently. This one is usually not used. However, some events allow a person to take a fourth Park Step. Those event cards specify that.

In each Park Step, you'll do one thing. You don't get to do multiples of anything, although building some cards will allow you to immediately build more. These are indicated on the cards. Each Park Step is independent of the others, so each time, you get to choose from among all the Park Step actions. Each deck has a summary card which lists them.

The first time we played First Date, there were two of us, and neither had done more than read the rule book. It took about an hour and a half. I've played subsequent 2-player First Dates, each with a new player, and they've been faster (once much fuaster), because I, at least, knew what I was doing, and didn't have to keep consulting the rules.

Yes, I was indeed talking about the park step. I'd thought it was something like this, thanks for confirming it!

An hour and a half seems pretty long for a first date as 2 player game, though. But that is probably because of consulting the rulebook.

I've watched a good amount of videos and read the rulebook, so the rules are in my head now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Park step, you usually get 3 actions. Each action is taken one at a time in turn with the other players, rather than all 3 at once by one player. When it is your turn to take an action, you can choose one of:
- draw
- build
- demolish
- loose change

You can choose the same option for each of your three separate actions if you wish, or three different ones, or any other combination.

It's hard to say how long a game with First Date will take with all new players, as it depends very much on the players. As a rough estimate, maybe 90 - 100 minutes for a 4 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gina Laurie
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Master of none
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm gonna highjack this thread for 1 quick question. I'm sure the answer is obvious to everyone except me because I haven't been able to find an answer in the forums.

If you have to close an attraction for a round, can you still add upgrades to it while it's closed?

Thanks. Sorry for the interruption.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ginalaurie wrote:
I'm gonna highjack this thread for 1 quick question. I'm sure the answer is obvious to everyone except me because I haven't been able to find an answer in the forums.

If you have to close an attraction for a round, can you still add upgrades to it while it's closed?

Hi Gina,

Yes. Page 9 in the rules upper right column.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Brettschneider
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ginalaurie wrote:

Yes you can (see rulebook page 9 top right). They just won't do anything until the attraction is re-opened again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
ginalaurie wrote:

Indeed you can, building on closed attractions is allowed, but you usually won't get the benefit of what you build until it reopens. This is mentioned on page 9 of the rulebook, at the top of the second column

Edit: ninja'd! Twice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ginalaurie wrote:

as others have said, yes. there is even a standard event card that allows you to build on closed attractions for half price
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gina Laurie
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Master of none
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, all. Seems my husband beat me by even more than we thoughtwhistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Carrington
United States
APO
ARMED FORCES AMERICA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iCupboard wrote:
Second question is not really rules related, but with the First Date card, how long will a 2, 3, 4 player respectively take? If playing with new players. Thanks!

My playtime estimation with new players:
2P - 1 & 1/2 hours
3P - 2 hours
4P - 2 & 1/2 hours

If you are playing with a causal gaming crowd then I might even add another half hour on to each. Not only do new players need time to figure out the rules but they need time to read the cards and figure out what kind of strategy to use. It takes time.

When playing with experienced Unfair players take a half hour off the time. My gaming partner and I could finish a 2 player game in 40 to 45 minutes. It gets even quicker when everyone helps in the setup and tear down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.