4 Posts

Dungeons of Infinity» Forums » General

Subject: More info about different game modes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henke N
msg tools
Hi!

I am wondering if I could get a little more info about the different game modes.

As far as I understand theres competative, coop, solo, scenario and campaign?

As a gamer that prefers coop and solo (not competative so much) I wonder how these game modes plays out? So here goes:

1) If I choose to play coop with my friends, in what different ways will we be able to interact with each other? Some games wanna make you belive that you are playing coop but in reality you are just managing your own character without any teamwork what so ever. Sure, you are not fighting others but you dont really fight WITH them either. I took fighting as an example but I wanna see teamwork in alot of other aspects too!

2) How does combat work if playing coop? Will I be able to engage foes with my teammates or do we have to solve it individually?

3) What gamemode do you, as a developer, really think works the best? Is any game mode working better than the other?

Would be grateful if these questions could be answered Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spoerner
msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Sure no problem.

1) How ever you want to interact. You can both go different direction to scope out the dungeon. You can go together. You can pick things up for each other , you can swap items. Then you can do...

2) When enemies are focused on a Hero another can come in and pick and choose who to fight. They can assist in any way that works the best for the situation. It is true coop in every way.

3) I love my game, all of it. I am very proud how it plays in every mode. Any mode you pick it does not feel like it really should be played another way. It really works great any way you play it. My fav is competitive.

If you need more let me know.

Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henke N
msg tools
spoerner wrote:
Sure no problem.

1) How ever you want to interact. You can both go different direction to scope out the dungeon. You can go together. You can pick things up for each other , you can swap items. Then you can do...

2) When enemies are focused on a Hero another can come in and pick and choose who to fight. They can assist in any way that works the best for the situation. It is true coop in every way.

3) I love my game, all of it. I am very proud how it plays in every mode. Any mode you pick it does not feel like it really should be played another way. It really works great any way you play it. My fav is competitive.

If you need more let me know.

Jack

Thanks for the reply!

1) Sounds nice! Are there synergies between classes/heroes aswell? Any healing abilities or other potential teambuffs planned? What would the incentive to move as a group instead of splitting up and go one and one?

2) Will enemies scale with more people and will loot also scale? If fighting together as a group is there any drawback to that? As in you won't be able to explore as much or draw more noise?

Sounds nice so far, looking forward to the kickstarter! I wish you all the luck with it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spoerner
msg tools
designer
badge
mb

Thanks for the reply!

1) Sounds nice! Are there synergies between classes/heroes aswell? Any healing abilities or other potential teambuffs planned? What would the incentive to move as a group instead of splitting up and go one and one?

2) Will enemies scale with more people and will loot also scale? If fighting together as a group is there any drawback to that? As in you won't be able to explore as much or draw more noise?

Sounds nice so far, looking forward to the kickstarter! I wish you all the luck with it! [/q]

1) Yes and yes to both questions. The incentive is surviving. LOL

2) Enemies scale to the number of Heroes in the dungeon as does loot drop. I can think of no drawback unless you are playing competitive and you're helping someone ends up hurting your chance of winning. I think staying together is the way to go as you learn the game. Venturing out on your own can be deadly quickly and in the coop game, any player death ends the game. So it is in your best interest to keep everyone alive. BTW in competitive no one dies. You become exhausted and sit out two turns. That way there is no player elimination.

Thanks for your interest!

Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.