Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Jörg
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's not hard to get into the basics of this Roman Empire inspired board game. Together with the antique visual nature and some real marble pieces, children and adults are easy to convince to try a round.

On the somehow leathery looking board we are invited to join something the legionnaires would have enjoyed. Front-lines march against each other, ready to use there opportunities for fighting the other soldiers (by surrounding them) or to plunder (by reaching the other players side). Six points win - nothing more to explain, right?

A low bar to start playing is nice, but nicer is how the game handles luck. Instead of throwing dice with there hard chances, here cards bring you the actions directly to your hand. With this less random approach, planning is more rewarding. Even the extraordinary interventions from the gods can become part of your plans - albeit not in your first few games.

Another interesting advantage is the possibility to have four players. Not only it is much more family friendly this way, the whole gameplay dynamic changes. That’s what makes it even more fun to return and play another round.

Some might take a first look at this and think: Nay, this is a much to easy for an abstract game. Personally I will always remember the girl from the chess club that was amazed from the potential of Capere. For me it's a good game to start playing with people I just get to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.