5 Posts

BattleLore (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cause retreat from counter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Jostby
Sweden
flag msg tools
IF My unit has been forced to retreat and My foe is advancing I suopose I can counter, if I (from My counter) get THE flag result, Will My foe then retreat back from me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
phattyre wrote:
IF My unit has been forced to retreat and My foe is advancing I suopose I can counter, if I (from My counter) get THE flag result, Will My foe then retreat back from me?

You cannot counter if you moved out of your space during the attacker's combat roll, even if he advances into the space adjacent to you. To counter, you must remain in the space you originally occupied before the attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Jostby
Sweden
flag msg tools
Oki, thnx for clarifying. But IF Om counter Will the flag make My enemy fall back?
Btw, where in the rules does it say that You cant counter IF you have fall back?
Best

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
phattyre wrote:
Oki, thnx for clarifying. But IF Om counter Will the flag make My enemy fall back?

I'm not 100% sure I understand the question. Are you asking "if the target doesn't retreat, and rolls a flag during it's attacker, will the attacker retreat?

The answer is "yes". If a flag is rolled during a counter roll, the attacker would retreat.

Quote:
Btw, where in the rules does it say that You cant counter IF you have fall back?

Page 3 of the Rules Reference Guide, under "Counters". The top part talks about the conditions required to make a counter, and the second bullet point is "The target unit remains in the same hex after resolving the attacking unit's combat sequence." So if the target unit is moved, it cannot counter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Jostby
Sweden
flag msg tools
👍 tack så mycket

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.