Bryan Johnson
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if the original German rules covers this, but it makes no mention in the English version (O Zoo Le Mio) to the best of my knowledge.

Let's say it's a 3 player game. Both of my opponents are tied for most stars in blue (4 each), meanwhle I have just 3. Obviously, one of my opponents will have 2 visitors for blue, the other opponent will have 1 visitor and I will have none. Next, I win a tile in auction that has 2 blue stars which will make my blue point total 5 when added to my sea creature enclosure. Now I have sole lead in blue. My question is: Now I will get 2 blue visitors to come to my zoo, but do I take 1 visitor from each opponent, or simply take both from one opponent, and why?

The only thing I can find in the rules concerning ties is where it says, "If several players tie for the most attractive enclosure, the visitors will go toward the newer of them." However, this does not concern the situation described above. Thanks for any help with this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kerkhove
Belgium
Waregem
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Rules Question
SwedeLad (#32166),

the way we've always played it is: both players lose one visitor,

because : the player then left with no visitors did already have the least attractive of the two visited enclosures. When your enclosure becomes the most popular, the 'previously most popular one' becomes second popular and loses one visitor, and the 'previously second most popular one' becomes third most popular and therefore loses it's onlyvisitor.

Hope you understand my vision.

Greetings
Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.