Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shu
United States
Portsmouth
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My kids and I just finished Downwood Tales, after already finishing Sorrow and Remembrance and Heart of Glorm. What a great trilogy of games! For me, nothing will ever beat the magic of the original game but I must admit that DT is fantastic-- great new characters, baddies, and outside dynamics. We defeated Hesster and that backstabbing rat Malador in the end. Good stuff!

We will will miss the heroes, especially Lily, Maginos, and Ansel. May they gather again one day to defeat evil. On to Stuffed Fables and may Jerry add a new chapter to the saga one day in the not too distant future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gillatt
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finished DT a couple months ago with my oldest son (8). He said he will be up for going through it again with his younger siblings (4 & 6)...But I think we will actually all be doing Stuffed Fables next anyway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Olympics time!!!
mbmbmb
We haven't finished yet (myself and 10 yo son), but we already have Tail Feathers sitting there waiting for us. Well we have to finish this and Mice and Mystics: Lost Chapter – Portents of Importance. Hopefully before too long (probably this summer).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Greasby
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Walsh Code
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great to hear. I just finished painting SaR and HoG last weekend (still waiting to pick up DT at a reasonable price) and this past weekend we just started playing. A few rules mixups made the game drag on at least twice as long as it should have and my wife hated it and I fear she will not want to play again. Fortunately my 9yo son really enjoyed it so it will likely be a game that the two of us play together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shu
United States
Portsmouth
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Our games usually took about 2 hours per chapter but we would never finish them in one sitting. We took about a year overall to finish all three games and my kids are now 7 and 10. But for us taking a break and keeping the game intact on our game table was the way to go-- and having the kids stay with one or two characters throughout got them invested in the game too. We mostly played once per week, occasionally twice and they almost always enjoyed it. Losing could be frustrating but it added to the excitement of victory.

I painted most of the figures for all three games, which helped increase enjoyment too. Never could get motivated to paint the Fearies from DT though, those wings just looked like a pain!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.