5 Posts

Charterstone» Forums » Rules

Subject: Automaton Questions - spolier for game 6 and other rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jason long
Canada
flag msg tools
It says in the rules that automatons get one of each unlocked minion from now on. When exactly do they take these minions? As it stands right now 2 of our players are keeping 2 golems from game to game and our other 2 players have a minion glory bonus. What that means is that there will be no golems left for the automatons OR there will be no golems left for the players.

1) When do automatons get their minions and do they return them at the end of each game?

2) After game 6 we scored below average for a 6 player game - however, this is mainly due to the fact that our 2 automatons were dragging very far behind. My question is do I include their scores and take an average total points for a 6 player game or a 4 player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blackburn
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A player can’t carry two different minions of the same type forward. Your minion capacity is a total—still just one of each type.
You’d have the same concern with a human player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) For the reason Kevin mentioned, I don't think it's possible for the Automa to not claim its copy of each minion by the next game after it was introduced. Basically, players can grab as many minions as the can manage during a game, but must discard down to at most one of each (with an overall max based on capacity) at the end of the game. At the start of the next game, minions will claim their share, then players can use their minion bonus. So what is most likely to occur is that each player (including the automas) ends up with a single golem.

2) To my understanding, automas count as players. However, you might check the back of the automa rules; there are game-specific clarifications there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Automas count as active charters, so their scores are included when submitting them to the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Black
United States
Waynesboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Super Zero wrote:
A player can’t carry two different minions of the same type forward. Your minion capacity is a total—still just one of each type.
You’d have the same concern with a human player.

Shoot, I missed that rule too... I missed the unique advancement card rule during the first four games too... more bad news for the group >_<.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.