Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Just read the rules and this seems adorable. But I was curious if the Mrs. and I can play just one character each and still enjoy it? Any thoughts / experience?

Thank you in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
Many of the systems adjust for the number of players. Even with that I think it would be more enjoyable to play two characters each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you two just preferring to play 1 each? The rules state if played with 2 players you should control 2 characters each. This then makes 3 players the odd one out. I imagine if this was suggested then the balance is really set for 4 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says 2 players may choose to pay 2 each. I believe it says this just so you know to treat each stuffy as a separate turn...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
It says 2 players may choose to pay 2 each. I believe it says this just so you know to treat each stuffy as a separate turn...
Yeah you don't have to, but I always read that as a "It's not really balanced/playtested heavy with only 2, so we advise more" - perhaps that's cynical on my part

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CapeCod Gamer
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played one game with my girlfriend. We played one stuffy each because it was out first game and we were learning the rules. I think it will play good either way, they rules and story tell you how to adjust it for different number of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah agreed. I got my first play session in (with 4 people mind you) however seeing it all play out I bet it would be just fine, though I have not come across group tasks that might take longer if they don't scale as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I played Story 1 with two Stuffies and Story 2 with four Stuffies.

I found playing with four significantly more satisfying. There are more minions on the board and bosses with two hp are underwhelming. A four hp boss feels like a possible threat.

They're also really easy to pilot, so running two each isn't likely to be overload.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting for delivery, but I've read through the rules. I can imagine that for a two-player game with one stuffie each you could easily make the game more challenging by treating it as a three-stuffie game (or even four) when determining the number of threat dice, random encounters and stuffing for bosses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Unless there's something I've missed, you'll need to house rule the group skill test values when playing only two characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.