3 Posts

Player's Handbook (D&D 4e)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Power bonus question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sarah Matsoukis
Germany
flag msg tools
Specifically for the 4th Edition of DnD.

Q1.) Beacon of Hope (Cleric's 1st Lvl Daily Power); when I cast my Beacon of Hope prayer, do I get that bonus healing effect for that particular use of power, or only powers that come after?

Q2.) Same thing for Fighter's power, Villain's Menace. If I successfully hit the target, do I immediately add +4 power bonus to damage, or only on attacks that occur after this power has been spent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have access to the source material right now.
However, all effects in the game are applied in the order you find them written in the text.

That is: if Beacon of Hope healing bonus is stated before the actual healing it provides, then it is taken into account.
If the two sentences are written in the other way around, then no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Unwin
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Generally such bonuses don't apply to the power that grants them.

Besides, if they did, villain's menace could wind up having an odd result, if the attack missed by 1. The Miss line would grant +1 to the attack causing the attack to hit, and resulting in the Hit line also taking place. That wouldn't be possible to adjudicate, but it seems unlikely that this was the intent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.