Subject: NP Niall Noigiallach rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Nies
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have a quick question about the flow chart for Scotti when Niall Noigiallach is in play. Does the raiders in that box count toward the 15+ raiders on map part of the flow chart? Or are they considered off map?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cnies wrote:
I have a quick question about the flow chart for Scotti when Niall Noigiallach is in play. Does the raiders in that box count toward the 15+ raiders on map part of the flow chart? Or are they considered off map?
I think they don't count as being on the map. The flowchart is attempting to evaluate how many raiders can return/are at risk of being attacked rather than how many raiders are not in the "available" box.

They are on the game board, but not on the map (not a useful distinction in this game since all pieces are "on the board" in holding boxes, but in other games without a printed "out of play" box it can be an important distinction)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgane Gouyon-Rety
Canada
Montreal
QC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Cnies wrote:
I think they don't count as being on the map. The flowchart is attempting to evaluate how many raiders can return/are at risk of being attacked rather than how many raiders are not in the "available" box.

They are on the game board, but not on the map (not a useful distinction in this game since all pieces are "on the board" in holding boxes, but in other games without a printed "out of play" box it can be an important distinction)
Niko is correct: no piece that is in a box (Available boxes, Not-yet-in-play, Casualties, Out-of-Play or Niall) is ever considered to be "on map"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.