Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Valkyrie: which scenarios for no expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pantoporos Aporos
United States
flag msg tools
Hi all,

I haven't found an answer for this anywhere, so forgive me if it's been asked and answered before (a quick search yielded nothing). Does anyone know which (if any) scenarios currently available on Valkyrie require nothing but the core MoM 2nd edition?

I own no expansions or tile sets, and have played and won all available scenarios with my partner. The expansions seem to cost way too much for only an added scenario or two, so Valkyrie seemed like a good solution for us -- except that there's no way to tell (from the app, at least) which scenarios will run properly with no expansions.
Is there any way to know? I'd hate to start a game only to realize that we need tiles or monsters that we do not own...

Thanks in advance,

PA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
badge
It won't let you start a game which needs expansions without selecting those expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pantoporos Aporos
United States
flag msg tools
Ah, good to know! I hadn't gotten that far, but saw that I was able to download any mission I wanted in the Android app, so got worried.

Thanks for creating the app, by the way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Pantoporos Aporos wrote:
Hi all,

I haven't found an answer for this anywhere, so forgive me if it's been asked and answered before (a quick search yielded nothing). Does anyone know which (if any) scenarios currently available on Valkyrie require nothing but the core MoM 2nd edition?

I own no expansions or tile sets, and have played and won all available scenarios with my partner. The expansions seem to cost way too much for only an added scenario or two, so Valkyrie seemed like a good solution for us -- except that there's no way to tell (from the app, at least) which scenarios will run properly with no expansions.
Is there any way to know? I'd hate to start a game only to realize that we need tiles or monsters that we do not own...

Thanks in advance,

PA

These are the only 3 at present that only require base:

If you are willing to substitute a couple of tiles and use the monster tokens from the conversion kit, you could probably get away with my Scenario "Stress and Strain", which officially requires Base and RN (1st edition).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pantoporos Aporos
United States
flag msg tools
Cool, that saves me some trouble downloading every mission and trying them out. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.