Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike King7
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many times can you scavenge at a location? If I'm at a location that allows red scavenging, can I just use all my actions each turn to scavenge through the red deck until it's depleted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mikeking7 wrote:
How many times can you scavenge at a location? If I'm at a location that allows red scavenging, can I just use all my actions each turn to scavenge through the red deck until it's depleted?

Yes. You can scavenge as many times as you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stavros tsiakalos
msg tools
mbmbmb
Until the respective deck runs out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike King7
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't seem like there's much incentive to venture out then. Why not just stay on one tile until you get what you need? For example, if you know you need 2 gas, stay on a color that has at least 2 gas in it's deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mikeking7 wrote:
Doesn't seem like there's much incentive to venture out then. Why not just stay on one tile until you get what you need? For example, if you know you need 2 gas, stay on a color that has at least 2 gas in it's deck.

Well, you will eventually run out of food if you spend every turn scavenging, and there are other quest objectives that often force you to explore the map, unless you get lucky and it's right next to the start, which can also happen rarely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Harzer
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
"That German Bloke"
mbmbmbmbmb
as often as you got actions ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Roth
Canada
Montréal
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
Hello

I got a few scavenging questions, didn't find the answers in the faq :

- with the new scavenge limit rule proposed by mike (one scavenge per tile per turn), does a free scavenge triggered by entering a tile count towards this limit ? ie can I scavenge another time on the same tile even if I just got a free scavenge by revealing-entering it ?

- when I get a free scavenge this way (ie entering-revealing a tile), am I forced to scavenge in the scavenge deck color matching the tile ? I guess so but could be clearer...

- "Where is my axe ?" : I know I can scavenge from any deck, but can I play the card and just "search" but not "find" the axe to get the free scavenge after that ? Or am I forced to find the axe if there is still any, equip it and discard the other one I had maybe equipped already ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yolda wrote:
Hello

I got a few scavenging questions, didn't find the answers in the faq :

- with the new scavenge limit rule proposed by mike (one scavenge per tile per turn), does a free scavenge triggered by entering a tile count towards this limit ? ie can I scavenge another time on the same tile even if I just got a free scavenge by revealing-entering it ?

- when I get a free scavenge this way (ie entering-revealing a tile), am I forced to scavenge in the scavenge deck color matching the tile ? I guess so but could be clearer...

- "Where is my axe ?" : I know I can scavenge from any deck, but can I play the card and just "search" but not "find" the axe to get the free scavenge after that ? Or am I forced to find the axe if there is still any, equip it and discard the other one I had maybe equipped already ?

Mike has not yet elaborated on his new rules. They will be included in the new, expanded rulebook that will come with the came via the next Kickstarter. Unofficially, I suspect that the new scavenge limit will only affect the Scavenge action, and will not affect scavenging from other sources (card effects or tile reveal effects).

As for your free scavenge, the rules don't say specifically. It makes a lot of sense, as you're revealing and moving into a location, that you would be scavenging at that location (and therefore, from the deck of the matching color). It seems to be the most reasonable answer. There are other card effects that let you scavenge and are irrespective of the tile you're standing on, so there is room for confusion.

As for the axe question, I don't have the cards with me at this time to reference them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.