Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Are VP stolen through Hostage, Oni of Spite, etc., considered "gained" for the purposes of Loyalty? I ask because the rules and card text of other circumstances for earning VP use the term "gain" but stealing does not.

If stealing does trigger Loyalty, I assume you'd just earn the bonus, and not steal an additional point from the other player, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe there is a difference between stealing and gaining. So I would say no, but it is not a definitive answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Sanmiguel
United States
LAWRENCEVILLE
Georgia
flag msg tools
To me stealing = player stealing gains VP, player being stolen from loses VP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says to gain the VP's for hostages from the common player VP pool. So they aren't stolen from the other player but gained from the common VP pool. Essentially taking hostages just gives you VP, and makes the troop unavailable for the rest of that season (Not that I'm aware of a way of getting them back earlier anyhow).

I don't know the Oni of Spite off the top of my head, but if it says gain, I'd imagine is from the common VP pool also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Ivanov
msg tools
omninom wrote:
Are VP stolen through Hostage, Oni of Spite, etc., considered "gained" for the purposes of Loyalty? I ask because the rules and card text of other circumstances for earning VP use the term "gain" but stealing does not.

If stealing does trigger Loyalty, I assume you'd just earn the bonus, and not steal an additional point from the other player, right?

Reviving old thread and hoping for an official rulling on this.
Does "steal points" trigger "gain points" effects. This has come up in a couple of games for us already and we have ruled it that Loyalty does not trigger that way. Our ruling was definately subjective because the first time it happened it was Dragonhawk with Lowest honor, Oni of Spite and Fujin. That combo was providing tons of point even without Loyalty so we figured adding Loyalty would be too strong. Official rules are definatelly not clear, FAQ mentions loyalty with rightousness, sepuku and poets but makes no mention of hostage.If we can get an ruling it would be greatly appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.