Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: Ragnarok question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So,we are expecting the Ragnarok KS this year/next year [not sure when it starts].
my question is...who is doing it.. Mythic or Monolith ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Schoukroun
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monolith will take care of the Kickstarter which will be in 2019.

As Batman lies ahead (end of febuary) and the reprint of Pantheon is scheduled for Q2, I think (and hope!) Ragnarok will come Q2 of 2019.

So start saving your money!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Schouk wrote:
Monolith will take care of the Kickstarter which will be in 2019.

As Batman lies ahead (end of febuary) and the reprint of Pantheon is scheduled for Q2, I think (and hope!) Ragnarok will come Q2 of 2019.

So start saving your money!

They’re also doing Claustrophobia this year as well as a new Conan next year. I’m just guessing here, but based on their current schedule I’m betting Conan will be before Ragnarok

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
France
paris
Unspecified
flag msg tools
If they do to Claustrophobia what they did with MBP, the result will be really impressive (considering that the physical part of Claustrophobia was much better thant the physical part of MBP first edition).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
man, too many awesome games comming out, my head is spinning...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Plantin
msg tools
tootz wrote:
So,we are expecting the Ragnarok KS this year/next year [not sure when it starts].

Hi Gary,

It will be 100% Monolith, and it will be next year. It will work as a stand alone and as a 100% compatible product with MBP. All-in will be a lot cheaper than MBP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
France
paris
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I'm not sure it will be much cheaper than the god pledge ($99) which, with all its stretch goals, brought you an insane volume of great products...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Plantin
msg tools
I wrote all-in, not god pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ur Shulgi wrote:
tootz wrote:

Hi Gary,

It will be 100% Monolith, and it will be next year. It will work as a stand alone and as a 100% compatible product with MBP. All-in will be a lot cheaper than MBP.

I hope your source is accurate, especially the part about the all-in being cheaper! I've been waiting for this game for a long time, ever since the pic was posted at the end of MBP. I hope they push the other stuff out and just get on with Ragnarok now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Plantin
msg tools
Pretty accurate, i'm part of the team working on it. I don't have a more precise timeline than 2019 because nothing will be rushed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies, just getting exposure to Mythic games stuff - the Ragnarok game you're talking about, what is this exactly? It's a new game related in some way to Pantheon or something? I Googled it and a card game by the same name came up, I take it not what you're referring to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Plantin
msg tools
It will be Mythic Battles Ragnarok, same modus operandi (almost), with Nordic Mythology. You'll be able to play it as a stand alone (withou MBP) or play it with. Who doesn't want to know who's the real king of Lighting storm?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
France
paris
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thank you for your answers.
Could you tell us if the all-in will be cheaper because there will be fewer figurines or because of another factor?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Plantin
msg tools
Probably both. If we want to go from a 600 dollars all-in to a 300 (as an example), it would be difficult to have as many minis, maps, etc.
It's not necessarily a bad thing : you pay less, production is easier, balancing is easier, and for those who'll have MBP, you won't need as much space.
But, nothing sure or decided about that now (numbers of minis). Only thing which is certain is that Monolith is not aiming for more and more costly games, and as such, it will be cheaper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
France
paris
Unspecified
flag msg tools
It makes sense.
Thank you again, it's good to see that you're taking your time and not rushing anything since it would be so easy to imbalance the game by not testing thoroughly units and combos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Plantin
msg tools
You're welcome.

Before going 100% into Ragnarok, we'll do MBP FAQ/Rules updates/Balancing/Clipgate/Apocalypse first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
I'm hoping to see several valkyries amongst the heroes. It's a great source of female heroes for sure and maybe there could be a troop unit of them too.

Also really hoping to see Hel amongst the gods, more than anyone else because her appearance is so awesome. Half a beautifull woman, other half a withering corpse.
I'm not even worried about Thor, Loki, Freya and Odin being there but Hel is one I truly want more than any other god for Ragnarok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Castro
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ur Shulgi wrote:
You're welcome.

Before going 100% into Ragnarok, we'll do MBP FAQ/Rules updates/Balancing/Clipgate/Apocalypse first.

What is Apocalypse? other than the destruction of the world...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Plantin
msg tools
I was joking (for apocalypse)
We need to do in priority what was promised or not before going all style on the next opus.
MBR will have a lot of women for sure! I'm pretty excited about almost all the content i'm thinking of
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hestis
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I know Mythic's not involved anymore, but I'd love to see a Mythic Battles: Apocalypse using the minis from Joan of Arc's Apocalypse expansion as a starting point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don’t think there’s as many iconic figures in Norse mythology as there are in Greek mythology.Not that they don’t exist, just a lot less mainstream names.

So it makes sense that Mythic Battles: Ragnarok be a smaller KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Plantin
msg tools
Not everything was used about Greek Mythology in MBP. It could have been bigger. There's less in Norse Mythology, but no so much if you take into account historical/legendary heroes.
You can easily have as much units for MBR than for MBP, real question will be : is this needed?
Too early to know ^^.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course you can have many but will they be iconic? No. There wil be a ton of unknowns, whereas the Greek Pantheon has far more recognisable figures by count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Plantin
msg tools
It's true. But Iconis is vague at best. Iconic in USA? In Europe? In Nothern Europe?
I understand what you mean, but I think it would be great to go beyond what was iconic, as it was for MBP (a lot of guys in MBP were unknown by pledgers, which is fine), because you've got more to play and can learn/discover a lot about mythology and history, without it being boring or unreachable.
That's a part of what I loved during MBP Kickstarter : learning (or remembering obscure memories), playing, and enjoying both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominick Piantoni
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
tootz wrote:

Monolith so no Leo live, which makes me sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.