13 Posts

Maximum Apocalypse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Short Question about Monster rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zorglub Zorglub
msg tools
Hi, i love this game.
Can you please tell me how Monster Attack at the end of a Character turn ?

1/ Only the Monster that are in front of the Active player attacks
2/ All The Monster (More difficult :-))

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stavros tsiakalos
msg tools
mbmbmb
Only the monsters in front of the active player
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zorglub Zorglub
msg tools
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IHaveRulesQuestions wrote:
melkathi wrote:
Only the monsters in front of the active player :)

Additionally, as far as I understand it, if a monster has a range listed on its card, it will attack ALL heroes in range, not just the one it’s attached to.

This is my understanding as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skrell wrote:
melkathi wrote:
Only the monsters in front of the active player :)

Additionally, as far as I understand it, if a monster has a range listed on its card, it will attack ALL heroes in range, not just the one it’s attached to.

This was lost on me at first because they chose a rather poor example for the rule book. The monster in the card explanation picture lists both a range AND has “attacks all heroes in range” printed in it but monsters will attack all heroes even if they don’t have it explicitly stated in their ability box.

Hmm.. This makes me reconsider... If there are monsters that explicitly state that then I think I'm wrong and range does not imply damage to all heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick J
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit.
mbmbmbmbmb
Skrell wrote:
Skrell wrote:
melkathi wrote:
Only the monsters in front of the active player

This was lost on me at first because they chose a rather poor example for the rule book. The monster in the card explanation picture lists both a range AND has “attacks all heroes in range” printed in it but monsters will attack all heroes even if they don’t have it explicitly stated in their ability box.

Hmm.. This makes me reconsider... If there are monsters that explicitly state that then I think I'm wrong and range does not imply damage to all heroes.

The way I understand it is that if a monster has no range listed then it must attack the hero it is attached to. If there is a range listed, then it could "choose" to attack any hero at that range (not sure how this choice should be made). Then, obviously, if it says to attack all heroes in range, that's what it would do.

I'm not sure if this is right, but it's the best way I could interpret it. Maybe you would choose for the monster to attack the weaker hero if you wanted a harder play-through, or the stronger hero for an easier time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys! Interesting discussion .... I haven't played the game yet but my copy should be waiting for me tonight when I get home. Really excited to play this finally.

According to the FAQ file, the Zombie Horde card has a "Short Range" indicator and therefore deals damage to everyone on that tile. So by extension, I think, if there is no range shown, the monster only attacks the attached hero. If is says "Mid-Range" or Long Range" and no other condition, then I suspect that it attacks all heroes within that given range.

Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HORST324 wrote:
Hey guys! Interesting discussion .... I haven't played the game yet but my copy should be waiting for me tonight when I get home. Really excited to play this finally.

According to the FAQ file, the Zombie Horde card has a "Short Range" indicator and therefore deals damage to everyone on that tile. So by extension, I think, if there is no range shown, the monster only attacks the attached hero. If is says "Mid-Range" or Long Range" and no other condition, then I suspect that it attacks all heroes within that given range.

Herm

But then why have a card say “attacks all heroes in range”...
This is definitely a question for the creator/company!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has this been clarified ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
decaramas wrote:

Unfortunately no... Mike the creator doesn't seem particularly interested in supporting this game via bgg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skrell wrote:
decaramas wrote:

Unfortunately no... Mike the creator doesn't seem particularly interested in supporting this game via bgg.

I would disagree with you entirely. He has responded to many threads, just not all of them. It isn't his responsibility to lurk in these forums at all hours every day.

You can be disappointed that he hasn't responded to your particular questions, but let's not exaggerate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.