Subject: Rules for Jumps? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
4.6 Five Mississippi
mb
How do jumps work, are there rules or is template = distance through air.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no rules for jumps at the moment. The designer is gathering ideas for an expansion though and people have suggested ramps and jumps a few times so I expect to aee official rules some time in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anthonii wrote:
How do jumps work, are there rules or is template = distance through air.

It seems to me that an easy solution would be that you travel the same distance as the template, but take an extra hazard or maybe even a hull point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hutchinson
United Kingdom
Canterbury
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Ramps and jumps were in the playtest beta version, but they got removed during editing, sacrified to the tyrannical word counter.

Here's those rules, presented without warrentee! :D

Quote:
Ramps

Agree which terrain items count as RAMPS with your opponents before the game. If a vehicle is moving in GEAR 3 or higher, and their movement template or final position overlaps the business-end of the RAMP then they must JUMP.

JUMP: The vehicle stops at the edge of the RAMP and then makes a free additional LONG STRAIGHT move forward, during which it ignores all terrain and other vehicles.

The jumping vehicle may not make a SKID CHECK during this activation, may not remove any HAZARD TOKENS during this activation and receives +2 HAZARD TOKENS at the end of this activation.

If a vehicle WIPES OUT during this activation, it automatically fails its ROLL CHECK.

1 Audience Vote: Ignore the hazard tokens gained from the JUMP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.