Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
journey
Finland
Vaasa
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
i was looking at the 'ichtaca' unique enemy card spoiled in the 'forgotten age' cycle announcement and it made me wonder if part of the scenario might be a reverse midnight masks, where your investigators are hunted by a handful of unique keepers. the condition for advancing the act might be to have placed a clue (through a parlay action) on each keeper enemy in play, thus either having convinced them you're not their enemy and they let you pass, or you'll have killed them (they are not in play), or a combination of the two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if your guess is wrong, that sounds like a good mechanism for a scenario. I continue to be impressed with the narrative flexibility of this system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik O'Rourke
Ireland
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my first mistake was looking at Lord of the Rings the Card Game kind of from a 2-D point of view. not being very inclined with LoTR made me weary of it, but i do like fantasy, so i was on board, and after the first few cycles they found their stride.. do not underestimate the creative flexibility games like this give them..

sooo to connect that thought to this, i'm reminded of the Wastes of Eriador(from LOTR), where the turns had a day and night cycle. during the day, a pack of wolves would begin to accumulate, which was your only opportunity to continue onwards, then once nightfall came, you were unable to progress any further, seemingly to set up camp, when all at once, the wolves would attack led by a pack alpha.

it built up such suspense for me playing it for the first time, and i still remember it being the reason i fell in love with the game and LoTR by extension, in the first place.

personally i love the idea of being hunted in a game kind of setting. as a big fan of the CoC RPG, i also love the idea of information gathering. The Miskatonic Museum was the opportunity for me to get a bit of both of these, and while i still love that scenario, i only wish the Hunting Horror did a bit more hunting.. but i give them credit, and i know that years from now, we will have some pretty epic stuff once they get into that creative groove.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.