Subject: About the number of MAP TILES for each scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Matthews
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, everyone,

I've bought the Mansions of Madness first edition(all products) and second edition.

The map boards are lots when combine these two editions(about 55 tiles with all size).

My question is :
When I play the second edition, do I need to prepare all the map tiles (including the first and second edition) and put them all by side ready for any sceneries?

or I just only prepare the map tiles which fits the specific icon with the scenario?
For example : I only need to prepare the second edition core map tiles for scenario 1. Others don't need to.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each scenario can use different sets of tiles, even combinations of sets, so no you can't know before the scenario starts what tiles you need. There are a limited set of combinations though, but I don't know if anyone has compiled a list of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tennessee Schaefer
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
The scenario will use a mixture from the sets. Even the original scenarios if you enable the collections and expansions.

If you wanted to bring a reduced set of tiles to the table if you knew which scenario(s) you will play, Chris made a spreadsheet that you should be able to figure this out. As each scenario has several layouts you would need to bring all tiles for each layout, but there is lots of overlap.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/27688338#27688338
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you need to have access to all tiles, having them sorted is a good idea. I use this 'filing cabinet' system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
If you're running the app on Windows, this additional app will tell you which tile sets will be needed shortly after the game has begun (once the first Investigator Phase begins).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Matthews
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you everyone for the reply.

Yes, I may need to bring all map tiles no matter which scenario I choose.

But they are a lot and a little heavy, 'cause I also need to bring my laptop together to my friend's place.
So, that's OK. I'll bring all.

Thank you all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.