Subject: Rules question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
daniele daniele
Italy
Varese
flag msg tools
mbmb
If I move in a tunnel with monster icon and have no sword I take 1 damage. But what about if at the end of the movement I found a potion with a sword: can I use this sword to prevent the previous damage suffered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No, you encountered the monster first, failed to kill it, suffered the 1 damage then moved on to discover the item. But if you have movement left you could use the sword on another monster tunnel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:
No, you encountered the monster first, failed to kill it, suffered the 1 damage then moved on to discover the item.

Correct.

Quote:
But if you have movement left you could use the sword on another monster tunnel.

Not just if you have movement left. It says in the rules for the 'Potion of Strength': "Keep until you use it, then return it to the box." Hence, the player takes it and can then use the potion this turn or at a later turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Seijuro
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This can really get frustrating if you only need to go through one tunnel to get above the depths and get rescued with 9 damage on the damage track. The rules clearly state that if this damage would fill your damage track and you don't have the swords to beat the monster in the tunnels, you can't take this tunnel. Sad but true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiko Seijuro wrote:
This can really get frustrating if you only need to go through one tunnel to get above the depths and get rescued with 9 damage on the damage track. The rules clearly state that if this damage would fill your damage track and you don't have the swords to beat the monster in the tunnels, you can't take this tunnel. Sad but true.

It's not sad - you are wounded and don't have a sword, so you can't go through.

The sword is at the other end of the tunnel, past the monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Olsen
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiko Seijuro wrote:

Would you mind referencing where in the rules it states that you cannot pass through a tunnel with a monster on it if it would cause you to receive your final damage? This happened in our game tonight and I couldn’t find a reference in the rulebook.

My initial thought was that you COULD take your final damage to pass through a monster tunnel, but now I think I might be wrong. It’s a pretty critical determination when it’s the difference between getting above ground and having your points counted and dying in the depths.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trevinsky wrote:
Hiko Seijuro wrote:

Would you mind referencing where in the rules it states that you cannot pass through a tunnel with a monster on it if it would cause you to receive your final damage? This happened in our game tonight and I couldn’t find a reference in the rulebook.

Page (appears there are no printed page numbers...)
Page 8, "Step 4: The Getaway", 2nd bullet point:
"If you chose to take damage by moving...
You can't choose to take damage this way if it would completely fill your Health Meter."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.