Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently receive Aeon's End: War Eternal and is exploring the game through solo play.

POINT VALUE AND SCORE SYSTEM
I am wondering whether there is a score system in order to assess how efficient is your gameplay when you play against the same nemesis against? Has anyone created this?

For example, I am thinking of making something that is similar to LotR LCG score system by assigning:
Positive value based on how many life your Breach Mage have at the end of the game
Positive value for how many cards are left in the Nemesis pile which determine how fast you have won the game
Negative value (perhaps -10) for each Breach Mage that is exhausted

Are there any more suggestions on how we can assign the point value.

CAMPAIGN REWARD
I am contemplating on the idea on how it is possible to reward Mages who has successfully defeated a nemesis and then later go off to another game to face another of perhaps higher level of difficulty.

Like Arkham Horror LCG, there is a VP system which enable players to acquire certain cards to upgrade as they progress through the campaign.

Or like One Deck Dungeon, where after a completion of a game even though the players are defeated, they earn a 'tick' which they will assign to a sheet that allow them to unlock certain abilities.

Maybe such rewards for progression will be incorporated in Aeon's End: Legacy but am wondering how e can possibly incorporate to our Aeon's End game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gravehold's life level should be a factor.

I'm not convinced by the deck size score - some nemeses are better defeated by waiting them out (and healing up Gravehold and the mages) than by hitting them a lot, particularly if that's the way your mages' special abilities are biased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
You should take a look at this, it's probably exactly what you're looking for.

In terms of score, how and when you win is extremely dependant on your mages and market. If you randomize then it will hold little value.
Taking Gravehold's remaining life into account would hold no value either since Z'hana, Mazahaedron and Remnant are all extremely good at keeping GH alive. As Z'hana I can let Gravehold take 18 damage to Pulverizing Ray without giving a sweat cause solo I'll heal it for 14 on my next turn.

Taking the Nemesis' final tier into account makes more sense to me but that wouldn't work with Thrice-Dead Prophet, who mills himself.

Aeon's End is the kind of game where it doesn't matter what you do as long as you win. I'll sacrifice everything (Gravehold, life point, cards from my deck) if it means victory. I tend to let minions linger around and chip away at Gravehold because they're a mere distraction. I fire sparks at the Nemesis from turn 1 because it makes a huge difference as to when I can win.

That said, the marathon's scoring system is one of the best I could think of for what you're after, same for rewards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farydia Pseudo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:

That said, the marathon's scoring system is one of the best I could think of for what you're after, same for rewards.

modest Thanks!

The marathon currently does not use anything from War Eternal, though. But do get the base game, as well and just follow along, we have some inofficial participants already. More is always better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Farydia wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

modest Thanks!

The marathon currently does not use anything from War Eternal, though. But do get the base game, as well and just follow along, we have some inofficial participants already. More is always better!

You're welcome, I mean it.
Although it doesn't contain anything from War Eternal, the reward system still can apply to WE. And to a random market With some work it can be applied to multiple players too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin Hassar
France
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use this scoring system:

+50 if you win (any condition)
+1 per Gravehold remaining life point
+5 per Mage life point remaining
-5 per exhausted mage
-1 per remaining Nemesis life point
-2 per Nemesis card left in the Nemesis deck if you lose
+2 per Nemesis card left in the Nemesis deck if you win

There was some discussions about it there Aeon's End 2 Mages Solitaire Contest - February 2017
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kin Hassar wrote:
There was some discussions about it there Aeon's End 2 Mages Solitaire Contest - February 2017

Interesting, I never saw that thread.
I'm not fond of scoring so I wouldn't have joined so no frets
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback. They have been helpful. The idea of having a scoring system is for players to compare with previous like what Will the outcome be when one use the same nemesis but apply different pair of Mages. Or for those with more time may like to revisit the same nemesis with the same pair of mages but attempt to play better and/or construct one's own market instead of randomizing.

I hope to have to score as indicator to etermine whether there is a wide discrepancy that demands some attention between different plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.