Hien Nguyen Duc
Finland
Lappeenranta
none
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
These are the official Polish FAQ rules regarding Venom/Paralysis marker:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Znaczniki jadu – Skoro pozostałe armie poza Missisipi i Neodżunglą posiadają zerowy limit znaczników jadu, to czy mogą po przejęciu/zeskoperowaniu jednostki jednej z tych dwóch armii kłaść znaczniki jadu? I czy może jest różnica, bo zeskoperowany Bojler jest nadal Missisipi a przejęta przez Agitatora jednostka już nie?.
Nie.

Znaczniki paraliżu – Czy istnieje limit znaczników paraliżu?
Tak.

Znaczniki paraliżu – Co z armiami, które nie mają swoich znaczników, a przejmą lub zeskoperują moduły dające taką możliwość albo przejmą wojownika z taką zdolnością, to czy mogą korzystać ze znaczników Paraliżu? Czy jest różnica, czy zostały przejęte, czy zeskoperowane?
Nie.

What I deduce after using Google Translate:

1. If your army doesn't have Venom marker, then even if you take over a unit with Venom ability, you can't use the Venom.
2. As like Venom marker, there's a limit for Paralysis marker.
3. As like Venom marker, you cannot paralyze if you don't have Paralysis markers come with your army.

These seem to contradict the rules that are implemented in the app right now. In the app you can put Venom markers if you take over a Mississippi or Neojungle unit.

As for Paralysis marker, does anyone know if Mississippi's Paralysis module uses Paralysis marker? There are 2 "Fish" markers that come with the box, but I'm not sure if they are strictly for Paralysis (the rules don't say anything about them being Paralysis marker). If Paralysis module is taken over, can the opponent paralyze units with it (given that they don't have their own Paralysis marker)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jędrzej Jarocki
Poland
Warszawa
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
Sci-fi theme makes every game better.
badge
DEATH FROM ABOVE
mbmbmbmbmb
1., 2., and 3. are correct App is not always right. Two tokens on your photo are just to track life points (every army comes with these). Paralisis module doesn't use any markers so if enemy takes it over it works like normal.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
Do you wanna play a game?
badge
We are all prisoners inside the cage of our own flesh.
mbmbmbmbmb
kyokorebit wrote:
These are the official Polish FAQ rules regarding Venom/Paralysis marker:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Znaczniki jadu – Skoro pozostałe armie poza Missisipi i Neodżunglą posiadają zerowy limit znaczników jadu, to czy mogą po przejęciu/zeskoperowaniu jednostki jednej z tych dwóch armii kłaść znaczniki jadu? I czy może jest różnica, bo zeskoperowany Bojler jest nadal Missisipi a przejęta przez Agitatora jednostka już nie?.
Nie.

Znaczniki paraliżu – Czy istnieje limit znaczników paraliżu?
Tak.

Znaczniki paraliżu – Co z armiami, które nie mają swoich znaczników, a przejmą lub zeskoperują moduły dające taką możliwość albo przejmą wojownika z taką zdolnością, to czy mogą korzystać ze znaczników Paraliżu? Czy jest różnica, czy zostały przejęte, czy zeskoperowane?
Nie.

What I deduce after using Google Translate:

1. If your army doesn't have Venom marker, then even if you take over a unit with Venom ability, you can't use the Venom.
2. As like Venom marker, there's a limit for Paralysis marker.
3. As like Venom marker, you cannot paralyze if you don't have Paralysis markers come with your army.

These seem to contradict the rules that are implemented in the app right now. In the app you can put Venom markers if you take over a Mississippi or Neojungle unit.
Strange, I always played that you could use Venom/Paralysis in such situations. Not only me, but also other players, even on official tournaments held by Portal Games. Either way, we'll just have to wait for the new app (from Portal Games Digital) to see if they maybe changed the implementation to match the FAQ

Quote:
As for Paralysis marker, does anyone know if Mississippi's Paralysis module uses Paralysis marker? There are 2 "Fish" markers that come with the box, but I'm not sure if they are strictly for Paralysis (the rules don't say anything about them being Paralysis marker). If Paralysis module is taken over, can the opponent paralyze units with it (given that they don't have their own Paralysis marker)?

These are HQ tokens. Every army has 2 such tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jędrzej Jarocki
Poland
Warszawa
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
Sci-fi theme makes every game better.
badge
DEATH FROM ABOVE
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Strange, I always played that you could use Venom/Paralysis in such situations. Not only me, but also other players, even on official tournaments held by Portal Games. Either way, we'll just have to wait for the new app (from Portal Games Digital) to see if they maybe changed the implementation to match the FAQ

I know, it even lost me some tournament matches However FAQ is a solid piece of work so we should follow it strictly I guess?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hien Nguyen Duc
Finland
Lappeenranta
none
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks guys, I guess I will follow the FAQ since it's quite logical. I'm using Google Translate to deduce the FAQ and there are so many bizarre situations there, especially ones with Net, Takeover and Power Supply combined cry I really hope an English version is coming soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.