Vincent B.
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Praise the sun!
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote to Asmodee Deutschland on Facebook and was told that the planned release date of the german version of TI4 is July 2018. Also it does not seem like they will provide any preorder bonuses (Hardcover rulebook, posters etc.) from their side.

Due to it being written by Asmodees Facebook support this information should be taken with a grain of salt as it is rather unofficial.

Their message:
Quote:

[...] Twillight Imperium wird voraussichtlich im Juli erscheinen. Wir hoffen, dass der Plan sich nicht mehr verschieben wird. [...] Wir verkaufen unsere Produkte nur an Händler und deswegen können wir euch keinen Vorbesteller-Bonus bieten.[...]

So only 5 more months of waiting... cry
Or I will force the english version onto my friends devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't wait and forced the English version on my friends already of whom one said he would't play a non-german version.
Now he plays it nevertheless an likes it
Would it not be so expensive i still liked to buy the German version though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When can we expect a Swedish version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W G
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'd stick with the english version, thank you very much.

Translations are often tricky; a guy I know plays X-Wing, and he says the translation to German sucks badly.

If your friends can understand english, I'd force the english version. Better some troubles reading the rules and having to read them twice than having to deal with a bad translation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then again, Shakespeare is best in the original Klingon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent B.
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Praise the sun!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, half a year is quite some time...

I might follow your advice, especially if every possible expansion also has an almost one-year long delay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko
Germany
OWL
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theVincenator wrote:
I wrote to Asmodee Deutschland on Facebook and was told that the planned release date of the german version of TI4 is July 2018. Also it does not seem like they will provide any preorder bonuses (Hardcover rulebook, posters etc.) from their side.

Due to it being written by Asmodees Facebook support this information should be taken with a grain of salt as it is rather unofficial.

Their message:
Quote:

[...] Twillight Imperium wird voraussichtlich im Juli erscheinen. Wir hoffen, dass der Plan sich nicht mehr verschieben wird. [...] Wir verkaufen unsere Produkte nur an Händler und deswegen können wir euch keinen Vorbesteller-Bonus bieten.[...]

That's sad ... I thought it should be released next month in March. What a set back.
I hope they're fixing things to put out a solid version of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Heiko Doubleu wrote:
theVincenator wrote:

Their message:
Quote:

That's sad ... I thought it should be released next month in March. What a set back.
I hope they're fixing things to put out a solid version of the game.

"Fixing" what, exactly? Apart from translating the cards, I doubt there will be any differences between the editions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko
Germany
OWL
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're talking about Heidelberger ... to get this done without any mistakes ... laugh

Yeah, it's JUST the translation ... JUST

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragon Fire
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strange, fantasywelt shows June 2018 ...
https://www.fantasywelt.de/Twilight-Imperium-4-Edition-DE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hagen Behr
Germany
Halle (Saale)
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hat nichts zu bedeuten, das verschiebt sich bei denen dann auch noch. Hatte dort New Angeles (deutsch) bestellt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garfield Cat
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*wartwartwart*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KARIM CHELLI
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I learned from the french editor, and the worldwide-production system of FFG makes the entire non-english versions delayed. Apparently, it's the german translation which is not finished yet. They expect everything to be released by the summer, so that should be the case for the german version too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Guard
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
Does anybody have more recent information?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragon Fire
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Q3/2018
Maybe this or the next two months

Source:
https://spiele.asmodee.de/dyn/products/detail?ArtNr=FFGD0162

UPDATE
We must still play the waiting game:
https://twitter.com/Asmo_dee/status/1018848532009226241

Here I found some more informations:
https://forum.asmodee.de/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=26953&start=10...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragon Fire
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Q4...
So october, November, december...

Source:

https://spiele.asmodee.de/dyn/products/detail?ArtNr=FFGD0162
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin d'Eath
Austria
Völs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any News on the Release Date?

The Asmodee Page still says Q4/2018 and i'm curios of i can get it underneath my Christmas Tree.

Some Retailers websites say it will be available in April!
But i couldn't find more official Info from Asmodee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
krunsH himself
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But why? Your shelf doesn‘t care which language the game is 😁

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Stansfield
Austria
Vienna
European Union
flag msg tools
badge
A QUIET PLACE.
mbmbmbmbmb
capnkrunsh wrote:
But why? Your shelf doesn‘t care which language the game is 😁

But my gaming group do care! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin d'Eath
Austria
Völs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So i kept beeing annoying to everyone and just got an Info from Asmodee Germany.

TI4 German is on the ship.
Supposed to reach the Port at early December!
Depending on customs it SHOULD be in Stores by mid of December!!!
Just in time to get under my Christmas Tree!!
And ready to be played during Holidays!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Official statement by Asmodee:

https://www.asmodee.de/news/bald-erhebt-sich-mecatol-rex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d z
msg tools
I just got the great news that the German editions seem to be in stores. But only in the flagship stores.

Everyone who had them pre-ordered and isn't able to go pick them up, can wait for April 2019.

I feel a bit let down, I preordered that game in February 2017. I'm not saying I should be the first one to get it, but to just arbitrary say "nope, you're waiting, because our flagship stores are nowhere near you" feels kinda bad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Dubs
msg tools
mb
jaskier89 wrote:
I just got the great news that the German editions seem to be in stores. But only in the flagship stores.

Everyone who had them pre-ordered and isn't able to go pick them up, can wait for April 2019.

I feel a bit let down, I preordered that game in February 2017. I'm not saying I should be the first one to get it, but to just arbitrary say "nope, you're waiting, because our flagship stores are nowhere near you" feels kinda bad
not sure how the legalities, contractualities, and logisticalities work over there in ole Deutschland, but can’t you buy one online either from the store or 2nd hand?

And if you preordered directly from Asmodee, will they just give you a refund if you have to buy another copy?

Dangerous to think when it comes to trying to understand Asmodee & Fantasy Flight, yet I would THINK they would want as many fans as possible to get the game as soon as possible to grow their fan base as large as possible...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.