Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since clan capitals of factions not in play are explicitely allowed to take during setup of the game, when taking initial provinces, I wonder what other priorities and options to make up there are?

In a 5p the first 2p to place are always going to claim the two unused capitals for their defense bonus?

Shadowlands next? What does 5th player get?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Weaver

Jefferson City
Missouri
msg tools
Umbratus wrote:
Since clan capitals of factions not in play are explicitly allowed to take during setup of the game, when taking initial provinces, I wonder what other priorities and options to make up there are?
This is definitely something that would be more fleshed out a year from now if this gets played a lot but for me its:

High Priority: Provinces in your clan's territory, Capitals, Provinces that help you acheive your secret objective

Medium Priority: Provinces with strategic value (meta), Provinces worth 3 points

Low Priority: The Islands*

Those territory cards are really strong and since your first placement is your capital then I think you do have large incentive to complete your own territory so thats high on the priority list.

Moving towards your secret objective can net you the most points but it can also telegraph your motives so they're sometimes riskier

Shadowlands are territories I would put in the 'strategic value' category but maybe not every game. I think there is also strategic value in coastal territories and territories with borders that help you pincer other players by attacking from multiple borders.

The Islands are also a high priority if you have the Coastal Secret Objective but I think they're mostly a trap otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.