Subject: Skullvane Manse Scenery Piece available again rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
Games Workshop released a scenery piece several years ago called Skullvane Manse. It was a great model and is perfect for Frostgrave but its been out of print for ages and the second hand prices for it are eye watering.

The good news is that Games Workshop are releasing it again, under the new name Warscryer Citadel. It's out this Saturday. Check it out:

In the UK it's £65, which might seem like a lot but it's a big piece of scenery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hill
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Random encounter - a Needwant appears! It's too powerful , your wallet takes 65 points of damage before USD conversion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
Mairena del Aljarafe
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks amazing, hopefully they'll re-release the ruined-magetower-whatsitsname again also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I preordered and can't wait for this to be my table centerpiece.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Adamson
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for the tip. I went to Games Workshop online and found it there. They also have a few other great terrain pieces suitable for Frostgrave. Here's three of them:

Sigmarite Mausoleum

Arcane Ruins

Numinous Occulum

The pictures do show awesome professionally painted versions, but I am hoping to paint them myself after a little practice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
Their scenery pieces are pretty great really. I've got the ones you linked above. Most of GW's kits are really well engineered but that one at the bottom is the exception to the rule - I had a real struggle putting that one together. Looks great now that I've built and painted it but it came perilously close to death by sledgehammer during the construction phase!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the results of my stab at the Warscryer Citadel:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mack
msg tools
panzer-attack wrote:

It's huge!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bq6JdWSqS1 wrote:
panzer-attack wrote:

It's huge!!

The Hello Kitty tin is only there to give the sense of scale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Chase
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Thank you for posting this! I’d never seen this kit before, but it’s awesome... and mine just arrived today! Great paint job, by the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Adamson
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the good looking paint job there.. and.. is that a miniature from Massive Darkness that I see on top of the tower? 8)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Chase
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Looks like Blood Rage to me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
torva wrote:
Looks like Blood Rage to me

You're right, it's the Ice Giant from Blood Rage - I was using the official Frostgrave giant in our games but he looks a bit puny when compared with this guy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.