Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Wasserman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a specific order for the die rolls and cube placements at the end of setup or is it a free-for-all?
Rule C3 wrote:
After all vacancies in the Company are filled, players roll one die for each of their remaining starting cubes and place the cube in the resource box corresponding to the die roll.

Shipyard cubes can be placed in the highest empty slot in any column e.g. the “6” slot must be filled in any column before the “5” slot.
For each cube randomly placed in the Court of Directors, the Chairman must immediately allocate £4 from the bank to any of the office treasuries as if it were revenue (G5).
Obviously, 2, 4, 5, and 6 rolls do not involve any decisions. But 1s and 3s do implicate decisions (the Chairman allocates money and the players choose shipyard slots) and those may theoretically be affected by previous placements and also affect subsequent placements or by information about coming placements. (E.g., how much money is there for the company to buy ships? How many shipyards are there and to whom do they belong? How many captains are there going to be next turn? How much money will there be to allocate in all? How many factories will there be? How many officers will there be?)

There are several possible procedures. The basic questions are
(1) Are all the dice rolled all at once, or serially?
(2) Are placements done all at once or serially?
(3) If placements and/or dice rolls are done serially, in what player order?
(4) If placements are done in some player order, do the players do all of them before the next acts, or is it one cube at a time?

I apologize if I have missed where this has been addressed or if it simply doesn't matter in practice--I have only done a solo run-through of the early company scenario so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lara
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We do player by player, in turn order, and rolling all remaining die at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Yasutake
United States
Bridgeport
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this precise question myself. Very interested in the answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owain B
United Kingdom
Corbridge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cole said it's resolved clockwise from the starting player: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/27415054#27415054
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.