3 Posts

Assault of the Giants» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 hit kills? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Gagnon

Oregon
msg tools
Is this how it's really supposed to work? 1 hp wounds any giant (except champions). 1 more hp kills any wounded giant. Even Storm Giants or leaders? It seems like this gives the Hill Giants a huge advantage because of cheap recruiting primarily.

I've only played 3-player games and we only really did serious combat last night so this hasn't really come into play, but I can't imagine there would be any Storm Giants left on the board if any 2 races hit them in a turn. Or any other race that gets hit more than once before they can heal.

I hope it will look different once I get some more games under my belt, but I just want to make sure we're doing it right.

Related question: The owner gets to decide which giant takes the damage first, right? So if there's a wounded one and a healthy one in the combat, the owner can choose the unwounded one first? Or do they have to pick the wounded one, run through all is health and then go to the healthy one?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
Because the larger giants can absorb so much damage before dying, they often outlast smaller forces such as Hill Giants, who can lose several units at a clip.

The Champions really make a difference in this regard, as a single Storm or Cloud Giant Champion can shrug off an entire army's attack.

Yes, you can choose which giant to damage first, regardless of whether or not they are wounded. But remember that you must choose your champion first if you have one.

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gagnon

Oregon
msg tools
Thanks again!
The more I thought about it, the less of a problem that seems to be... at least with fewer players. sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.