Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Thrower
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I'm sorry about this - because I'm the author - but my book on tabletop games is out today, and I'm idiotically excited.

https://www.amazon.com/Tabletop-Gaming-Manual-diverse-tablet...

Although I tried to write it for a broad audience which included dedicated hobby gamers, new folk will inevitably learn more from it than those with more experience. So I'd love to get it in front of as many newly-minted gamers as possible.

If you know anyone that might like this, or you might just benefit from learning a bit more about tabletop gaming as a hobby, please let them know.

Here's some photos I took of my advance copy.

(As well as the author, I'm also the hand model!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Gargoyle's Quest" Gameboy, 1990
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks fantastic. I ordered a copy. Thanks for contributing to the hobby!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to get a sneaky advance copy (because the bookseller made a mistake, rather than because I am special) and can recommend this. It would be a great book for school and public libraries. Matt has given a good overview of different facets of the hobby, written in his usual entertaining style.

The old hands here will want to own it because completeness, but I think it's particularly useful for someone who is relatively new to or just getting into the hobby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Very good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Gargoyle's Quest" Gameboy, 1990
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy came in the mail today from Amazon.

It's a fantastically well put together book. I would label it an indispensable primer for anyone new to the hobby who would like to know how the tabletop gaming hobby started, evolved, and its current state. The book covers a dizzying number of topics, but each at a very top line level. As a veteran of the hobby there is very little new information for me, but the breadth of information is commendable. I would recommend this book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I have actually looked for such a book in the past. I am eagerly awaiting my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane D
msg tools
mb
I borrowed this from the library the other day and enjoyed it so much I went online and purchased a copy to keep. Thanks for the great work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Thrower
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gavor wrote:
I borrowed this from the library the other day and enjoyed it so much I went online and purchased a copy to keep. Thanks for the great work!

Thanks for buying a copy and for letting me know - really kind of you to take the time to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Esbech
Denmark
Odense M
Danmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MattDP wrote:
gavor wrote:

Thanks for buying a copy and for letting me know - really kind of you to take the time to do so.

You should also thank him for bumping the thread, as it lead to my buying a copy too. :P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.