United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
The Kickstarters... they don't STOP!
badge
Have you Seen it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Many of you will be familiar with me and my product from the Cthulhu Wars forums, but for those of you who aren't let me introduce my WarSponge product!

About a year ago I received a battle foam case and, having a laser cutting / engraving home business, I set out making a foam tray set to keep my painted figures safe. After showing my solution online, it became clear that many others needed this solution! Over the spring and summer I designed and prototyped an entire foam storage solution to hold both Cthulhu Wars kickstarters. I have since shipped around 35 orders and have another 30 orders pending which will be completed over the coming months.

You can see some photos of the sets here:
WarSponge Pics

WarSponge is specially suited for Cthulhu Wars (and The Gods War) for a few reasons.

1) Availability (niche games don't get much support form large foam retailers)
2) Team trays (as opposed to trays based on figure size)
3) Multiple depths in each tray for wildly different sizes and shapes (achieved using multiple 1" layers glued together)
4) Precise unit shapes
5) Complicated and compact tray designs (such as Black Goat tray for Cthulhu Wars)

Out of all of those, the Team Tray aspect is probably the best thing about them. This allows each player to be responsible for unpacking and repacking their team into the team tray. This vastly reduces set up and take down times.

So, I would like to produce this for The Gods War, but I need at least 20 or so orders to justify the intensive design and prototyping times. To give me an idea of demand, please mark below if this is something you would seriously consider purchasing for your Gods War set.

Poll
Would you be interested in WarSponge for The Gods War?
Yes! I would likely purchase this solution if available.
-do not select this option-
      24 answers
Poll created by SlyMcNasty

Pricing

It is hard to say what the final pricing for The Gods WarSponge might be. As a guide, my set for Cthulhu Wars holds 8 factions in half trays (half of a standard battlefoam WxL) and 6 Full trays to hold all other neutral figure expansions.

That entire set costs 170 USD for the Un-Assembled version (You must glue multiple 1" layers together for each tray)

The Pre-Assembled set is 270 USD which covers costs of additional labor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Whitmore
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you give some sort of guidance on price? It will have an influence on my interest level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hope
United States
Woodside
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd also be interested in the price, as well as what the "team tray" consists of--is it a box with foam inserts designed to specifically hold the pieces of a single faction? So I'd have 8(?) different team trays?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Norton
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
The Kickstarters... they don't STOP!
badge
Have you Seen it?
mbmbmbmbmb
stephenhope wrote:
I'd also be interested in the price, as well as what the "team tray" consists of--is it a box with foam inserts designed to specifically hold the pieces of a single faction? So I'd have 8(?) different team trays?

I added the pricing for the Cthulhu Wars sets. From what I have seen, The Gods War content will be comparable but I will have to see the pieces in person before I can get a better estimation.

I encourage you guys to check the images link in the OP to get a sense for how much content is stored for the 170 price tag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SlyMcNasty wrote:
stephenhope wrote:

I added the pricing for the Cthulhu Wars sets. From what I have seen, The Gods War content will be comparable but I will have to see the pieces in person before I can get a better estimation.

I encourage you guys to check the images link in the OP to get a sense for how much content is stored for the 170 price tag.

My advice would be that prices need units. You're probably just assuming we can work out it's dollars from your flag, but my first skim saw numbers, not prices. (And there are other dollars that US too.)

But too much for me. Note that I'm not saying too much - you set (or estimate) a price according to what works for you, we say yes or no. Also there's one unknown in my mind - how is the actual game going to come packaged? (I'd also consider the price if I planned to paint all my figures, as then the labour to do so would become the most expensive part of the game.)

But good luck with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Benz
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Looking forward to this and your OS3 foam I have the first part and love it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Benz
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
OS 3 is almost upon us... I am so ready for it looking forward to your storage part2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so ready to order everything Chase will create

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.