Subject: Not-So Tiny Extra-Epic Quest [Product Idea] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're reading this, then you probably enjoyed Tiny Epic Quest.

I absolutely love it. Definitely one of my favorite games. I like it so much that I want more.

I'm sure there is an expansion in the works already (given the tiny epic track record), but I would like to propose an additional product.

what about making a "Not-So Tiny Extra-Epic Quest"?

The biggest complaint I hear from others when I bring out TEQ is the map is prone to movement and the player boards are "a little fiddly". Why not make map tiles out of cardboard similar to the Istanbul map-tiles? Take some of the player board ideas people have posted here and make them a little larger and less prone to having components knocked off.

Gamelyn could even make "Epic Itemeeples" that stand a full 1.5 inches tall with more premium items to match.

For the box, you could make it the same size but either double tall or double wide. That way it would fit in with the other tiny epic boxes, but on a grander scale.

If you really want to market it well, you could include another mini-expansion for the original TEQ as well as the larger Extra-Epic equivalent.

What do you guys think of Not-So Tiny Extra-Epic Quest? Is this something you would buy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Korossy
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
For me, this wouldn't be something I'd buy. I could get any number of good-to-great games by browsing geeklists on BGG, but the Tiny Epic series is a standout for providing that same level of gameplay in a box that's highly portable -- and portability, for me, isn't a "nice" thing, it's (in nearly all cases) an absolutely crucial criterion for whether I consider a game in the first place. That is, size is the prerequisite for whether I even let myself get excited about a title. My favorite in the series? UTEK!

All that said, I'm always pleased about new Tiny Epic content, and I'd very happily spread the word about any new Gamelyn game. If there are people who are avoiding the series because of its size, I'd be gratified if a larger version brought them into the fold. But for me, it'd be a pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of my board gaming group (around 30 of us) don't like the tiny epic stuff because of the size. That's what brought me on, but I think there is a market for a game as interesting as TEQ at "full size". It would also be something I would buy =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Korossy
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I think there's a movement towards that at Gamelyn; Heroes of Air, Land, and Sea is sort of "Big Epic Kingdoms." According to the latest interview with Michael Coe, Gamelyn is looking at making HOLAS the first of a "Heroes of..." series. If that's true, and if they keep to the pattern established by HOLAS being based on a TE title, then a "Heroes of Questing" (or something) title might not be too far behind. But it would likely be an explosion of every part of the game, rather than simple "TEQ with bigger components." Now that I might consider breaking my rule for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
korossyl wrote:
I think there's a movement towards that at Gamelyn; Heroes of Air, Land, and Sea is sort of "Big Epic Kingdoms." According to the latest interview with Michael Coe, Gamelyn is looking at making HOLAS the first of a "Heroes of..." series. If that's true, and if they keep to the pattern established by HOLAS being based on a TE title, then a "Heroes of Questing" (or something) title might not be too far behind. But it would likely be an explosion of every part of the game, rather than simple "TEQ with bigger components." Now that I might consider breaking my rule for.

Link to the interview?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Korossy
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
https://imasocialgamer.com/interviews/origin-tiny-epic-serie... -- it was posted to Gamelyn's Facebook page, which I highly recommend for product updates and announcements!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.