Subject: Istar: Planetary Institute action 1 time only? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Beatle
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Hello everybody!

The german rulebook suggests that the action you achieve by building the P.I. is only to be used ones per game. As I read it, after having build the P.I., for one time per game in any gaia phase I could burn as much power as i like to take 1 token per 4 power burned. Am I wrong? Thanks for your comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregor Winkler
Germany
Speyer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be as many times per gaia phase as you can afford.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Beatle
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Hello Gregor!

Thanks for your fast response! I'm still not completely sure because of the formulation in the german rulebook and the colour of the arrow used for the symbol on the tableau. Here the german rule, bolded by myself:

"Regierungssitz: in jeder Gaia-Phase dürfen die Itar beliebig oft jeweils 4 Machtsteine aus dem Gaia-Bereich heraus aus dem Spiel nehmen, um sich sofort und einmalig 1 Technologie-plättchen zu nehmen (nach den normalen Regeln, wie bei der Aktion Gebäudeaufwertung zum Forschungslabor auf Seite 13 beschrieben)."

Sorry for the uncertainty!

Best regards, Frank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
beatle83 wrote:
"Regierungssitz: in jeder Gaia-Phase dürfen die Itar beliebig oft jeweils 4 Machtsteine aus dem Gaia-Bereich heraus aus dem Spiel nehmen, um sich sofort und einmalig 1 Technologie-plättchen zu nehmen (nach den normalen Regeln, wie bei der Aktion Gebäudeaufwertung zum Forschungslabor auf Seite 13 beschrieben)."
The red text describes when (in each Gaia Phase) and how often (as often as you like and can) you can activate this special effect. The bold text describes the effect of one activation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Beatle
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Ok, thanks for your help! Its a really powerful action then imho. Played it yesterday with only one time use of the action and still won! Used it in the gaia phase of round 2 to gain 2 tech tiles that provide income.

Thank you both for your comments, i think I am convinced now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Leang
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I presume you used a start a gaia project action? I'm curious how you got 8 energy in the gaia area lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Beatle
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, start gaia project action. And i burned 4 more. I had even 10 power inside the gaia bowl. Startet with th gain 2 gaia round bonus and was lucky with my P.I. being in the right spot...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Leang
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I mean, having 2 tech tiles which means you've probably done 3 research actions is a pretty strong start. I guess it just sucks that it'll come after income because moving up two in the economy track for round 2 on would be pretty awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
jleang12 wrote:
I mean, having 2 tech tiles which means you've probably done 3 research actions is a pretty strong start. I guess it just sucks that it'll come after income because moving up two in the economy track for round 2 on would be pretty awesome.

Part of the strategy is planning to take non-income (instant benefit/actions) techs and steps during Gaia Phase that help out during the Action Phase. This is more relevant in Round 5&6. Taking the income tech tiles in R2 Gaia Phase is perfectly fine unless you need the other tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Leang
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
jleang12 wrote:

Part of the strategy is planning to take non-income (instant benefit/actions) techs and steps during Gaia Phase that help out during the Action Phase. This is more relevant in Round 5&6. Taking the income tech tiles in R2 Gaia Phase is perfectly fine unless you need the other tiles.

I wasn't referring to the tech that you tech tiles themselves, I'm talking more about moving up the research tracks as a result from taking the tech tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned by James, ideally as Itars you use your Gaia Phase conversion to take non-income tech tiles (which includes the +4pw action) and advance on one of the first four research tracks (i.e. not on Economy or Science, as these give income), while doing it the other way around (if so desired) when upgrading to RL/AC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
jleang12 wrote:
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
jleang12 wrote:

I wasn't referring to the tech that you tech tiles themselves, I'm talking more about moving up the research tracks as a result from taking the tech tiles.

Yeah, I'm talking about both. Where each tech is does matter! Bal'Taks would be pretty sad if the Gaia Mine for 3vp were on Navigation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.