Subject: Our EPA Chief on Global Warming rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/08/politics/scott-pruitt-climate...

If this were not so tragic, it wouild be funny. But here are comments from the chief of the ENVRIONMENTAL Protection Agency, when it comes to the biggest threat facing the ENVIRONMENT;

Pruitt conceded that climate change is a reality and humans have contributed to it "to a certain degree."

And;

"Is it an existential threat? Is it something that is unsustainable, or what kind of effect or harm is this going to have? I mean, we know that humans have most flourished during times of what? Warming trends," Pruitt said. "I think there's assumptions made that because the climate is warming, that that necessarily is a bad thing. Do we really know what the ideal surface temperature should be in the year 2100? In the year 2018? I mean it's fairly arrogant for us to think that we know exactly what it should be in 2100."

Even though;

According to the US Global Change Research Program's National Climate Assessment, "climate change presents a global public health problem, with serious health impacts predicted to manifest in varying ways in different parts of the world."

And this stark statement;

Pruitt has shied away from robust action on climate change, and the phrase "climate change" was not included in the agency's four-year plan.

Basically, taking the attitude of "Let's wait and see if what they predict, happens". But if he's wrong, it will be too late to do anything about it. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pretender to the Throne of Alsace-Lorraine
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I really think that, with the right marketing campaign, my state could really come out a winner: "Come to Nebraska, where your home definitely won't be swallowed by the sea in your grandkids' lifetime!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I was wrong about denying climate change but what if global warming is good thing?

Stay the course!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.